good ideas that might not come

#11ethsfanPosted 7/10/2011 5:06:31 PM
AstralFear posted...
ethsfan posted...
AstralFear posted...
My idea for BC is for Sony to release blank Vita Carts and a UMD to Cart transfer device that allows you to transfer data from a UMD.

cough hackers cough ...

Honestly I don't care what people do with the cartridge. It's just 1 of many possible solutions to BC. If they make a standalone device(that doesn't require the Internet or a Computer) like I stated then hackers would have a harder time to download a game and transfer it to a cart.

The device I have in mind is pretty simple, 1 side is the UMD hatch and the other is a Cart slot. To copy the game you would need a UMD game or movie and a Blank Cart.

Why would sony do that tho? Sonys done the best they can for BC
IIRC the games not on PSN are due to legal reasons

is it legal for another copany to make said device?
or sony the only one with the rights?
#12AstralFearPosted 7/10/2011 7:10:43 PM
ethsfan posted...
AstralFear posted...
ethsfan posted...
AstralFear posted...
My idea for BC is for Sony to release blank Vita Carts and a UMD to Cart transfer device that allows you to transfer data from a UMD.

cough hackers cough ...

Honestly I don't care what people do with the cartridge. It's just 1 of many possible solutions to BC. If they make a standalone device(that doesn't require the Internet or a Computer) like I stated then hackers would have a harder time to download a game and transfer it to a cart.

The device I have in mind is pretty simple, 1 side is the UMD hatch and the other is a Cart slot. To copy the game you would need a UMD game or movie and a Blank Cart.

Why would sony do that tho? Sonys done the best they can for BC
IIRC the games not on PSN are due to legal reasons

is it legal for another copany to make said device?
or sony the only one with the rights?

It's not illegal for a company to make said device. All they need is Sony's permission to put it on the market as third party accessory. And at the same time Sony could put a lock on the device to determine what games can be transferred which will most likely result in the device needing to be updated when a company does give permission for their game to be transferred.
---
At some point in life every one should work in retail.
#13biolizardfanPosted 7/10/2011 7:16:10 PM
You can already rip games from UMD into an ISO, stick it on a memory stick, and play it on a PSP. The only thing is that an unhacked PSP won't let you play an ISO because it knows it's not legit.

So if Sony makes a way for you to get a digital ownership certificate or something for each UMD that you own, then it would know that you own that game and you could play the ISO from the memory stick.
---
_foolmo_
'and out of the blue and completely unprovoked came foolmo and his insult' - Anagram