A dilemma (repost)...

#1Golden_MeanPosted 7/10/2011 4:00:39 PM
Hello...going to post the same exact thing I did on the Wii U boards because of lack of viewpoints there plus the Vita is the only other thing catching my eye.

Long story short, I have been an avid nintendo supporter for a long, long time, but it was only since the coming of the Wii that I seriously started regretting doing so. The limited selection of games that were actually worth the buy was disheartening. In fact, quite possibly the only reason I was so gung-ho for the wii was for brawl, and that was (for me) a huge letdown.

I'm a big smash fan and I can't help but want the new super smash bros, but I don't want to be let down by nintendo again if they continue their trend of renewing the same-old-same-old every console generation and hardly trying other genres, whereas xbox 360 and PS3 games continue to surprise/interest me (I own neither console though as money is an issue).

So I just want opinions...

tl;dr: Should I wait and save up to buy the Wii U for a new, yet hit-or-miss, smash bros. and hope Nintendo steps up with a larger/better/more unique game selection, or should I make my next big gaming investment into another company (i.e. Sony's PSVita)?
---
Grasp Destiny. Forfeit Humanity. - Rah Xephon
#2Starwars4JPosted 7/10/2011 4:06:01 PM
Do whatever you want. You already seem dead-set against the Wii U, so you might as well get a Vita and not make a big deal out of it.
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade
#3Dreadhead542Posted 7/10/2011 4:14:40 PM
Well, Smash Bros for Wii U isn't going to be out for quite awhile(Development on it won't even start until the new Kid Icarus game is done). So if that's all you're interested in, you might as well get what you want in the mean time and then see how you feel about the Wii U later.
---
PSN: Dreadhead541
#4AdmiralLoknarPosted 7/10/2011 5:35:31 PM
Golden_Mean posted...
tl;dr: Should I wait and save up to buy the Wii U for a new, yet hit-or-miss, smash bros. and hope Nintendo steps up with a larger/better/more unique game selection, or should I make my next big gaming investment into another company (i.e. Sony's PSVita)?

I'd go for the Vita!