Imagine giving yourself a Vita or even a 3DS back when Gameboy was released?

#1flagg2kplusPosted 7/11/2011 8:02:49 PM
I know it would blow my friggin mind. What would you guys think?
---
Winning isn't everything, but it's the only thing that matters.
#2zxelmanPosted 7/11/2011 8:04:55 PM
Well for one thing, people would think that the Vita/3DS would probably look better than some of the best TVs back then, let alone any TV really.

"What's a wee-fee?"
---
Phantasy Star Portable 2 Partner Card Name: Xelor.
Phantasy Star Portable 2 Characters: VAmar Xel, RAcaseal X-Oul
#3flagg2kplus(Topic Creator)Posted 7/11/2011 8:07:30 PM
zxelman posted...
Well for one thing, people would think that the Vita/3DS would probably look better than some of the best TVs back then, let alone any TV really.

"What's a wee-fee?"

lol

and 3g? Huh? How can this thing have 2 cameras? A single camera has to be carried on your shoulder! There cant be 2 inside!

These little cracker majigs have how much memory? 4 gigs? Lies! Everyone knows the most memory you can have is 256kb!
---
Winning isn't everything, but it's the only thing that matters.
#4zxelmanPosted 7/11/2011 8:16:35 PM
flagg2kplus posted...
These little cracker majigs have how much memory? 4 gigs? Lies! Everyone knows the most memory you can have is 256kb!

"Wait, wtf is a geeg? Witchcraft?"
*Looks at how much pictures and videos it can hold*
"WHAT THE RUGRATS!!???"

*Touches the screen, screen responds in an attractive female voice*
"Welcome, user"
*Aroused*
---
Phantasy Star Portable 2 Partner Card Name: Xelor.
Phantasy Star Portable 2 Characters: VAmar Xel, RAcaseal X-Oul
#5angelskynianPosted 7/11/2011 8:41:01 PM
WTF Vita doesn't use floppy disks?! DO NOT WANT!
---
This is all an illusion. But there is truth within illusions. And when the illusion fades. The truth will still resonate within you.
#6Rinu99Posted 7/11/2011 9:19:39 PM
"This thing is too round >.>"
---
...Diamonds do nothing but look pretty. A video game suit of armor looks pretty and protects you from video game orcs.
#7ethsfanPosted 7/11/2011 9:36:39 PM
ahh there's voices coming out of it!

and they're taunting me #>_<

what the poop! they sold me a movie not a video game

where's my tetris and super Mario D:
#8cleanchris2Posted 7/11/2011 9:52:56 PM
I think people would pretty much act the way people would act today if someone came from the future and showed them unbelievable technology: Arrogant and calm, as if they were completely capable and knowledgeable about such things and these advancements were no big deal.

:p
---
"TC is this guy: http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/thumblarge_398/12421089776uDpsu.jpg" -chaomaster4000
#9NnamzPosted 7/11/2011 10:14:24 PM
Vita is more powerful than the words best super computers in the 80's. It would be confiscated by the government and tested on.

But yeah, to answer the question I would absolutely flip my ****. I remember seeing Virtua Fighter in the 90's and not believing what I'm seeing. I dreamt about it for weeks. Had I seen Golden Abyss I probably would have had an aneurysm.
---
PSN ID: Nnamz
3DS Friend Code: 3780 - 9095 - 9402
#10Starwars4JPosted 7/11/2011 10:19:36 PM
Erm, from the responses here it's pretty clear most people who responded weren't actually around when the Gameboy was in its prime. So you know, they did have handheld cameras back then, you didn't need it on your shoulder. It wasn't the dark ages, it was slightly before the CD was first introduced.

I think people would be more like "Oh wow, that's AWESOME!" and really excited, especially at the price of both consoles you mentioned. Honestly (and this isn't a fanboy statement here), I think the thing they'd be most blown away by would be the glasses-free 3D for the 3DS. Even when it was released people were skeptical and unsure how it would look. Granted people in-the-know with this technology were fine, but most people had no clue and were blown away. I think someone back in the 80's would have a rather similar reaction.

For the Vita I think what would blow people away most would be the touch screen, and the battery. Remember back then four large AAs were the norm, a tiny thing that never needs to be replaced (well, at least not too regularly) would really blow them away, though I think for both systems the rechargable battery would be met with mixed reactions as gamers would want to be able to swap out batteries on the fly for nearly uninterrupted gameplay when traveling. Of course I'm talking about the average gamer, and not someone in-the-know again, as rechargable batteries if memory serves was around back then, but wasn't really readily available to the mass market.
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade