Any possibility of...

#1Mewtwo_soulPosted 7/23/2011 11:26:30 PM
Disgaea 3 and Disgaea 4 (after it releases) getting a port for the Vita.

Although some people probably won't think it's possible, considering Disgaea 1 and 2 were ported on the PSP (with quite a bit of new content) I wouldn't be surprised if the Vita recieved an inevitable port/new content update for Disgaea 3 and 4. (though 4 may be toned down in the graphics department)
---
The day MML3 died was the day my faith and defense of Capcom's antics died.
#2cobaltplasmaPosted 7/23/2011 11:55:41 PM
I think there's definitely a possibility given how much current buzz the system is getting and how enthused developers are about it overall, it'd be certainly worth considering if it hasn't been already.

I wouldn't go out and bet the farm that it's a guaranteed thing but as far as a 'possibility' goes, I'd say it's definitely up in the "sure, it's definitely possible and worth considering" / "would be pretty darn cool" area of potential outcomes.
---
LoV LoV LoV
#3areyouokay_Posted 7/23/2011 11:58:15 PM
probably.

there were quite a few ps2 games of similar quality that ended up on the psp, and now its much easier to port from ps3 to vita than it probably was for ps2 to psp
#4viajarvPosted 7/24/2011 1:20:08 AM
It's pretty much a golden rule now: portables are perfect for rpgs.
#5CorruptedRPGPosted 7/24/2011 1:22:18 AM
Disgaea 3 will get ported but not 4. I wonder what else NIS has up their sleeves.
---
C. Playing:
#6Mewtwo_soul(Topic Creator)Posted 7/24/2011 1:38:31 AM
CorruptedRPG posted...
Disgaea 3 will get ported but not 4. I wonder what else NIS has up their sleeves.

Why not 4?

Is there something wrong about it or is it the idea it was just recently released?
---
#7CorruptedRPGPosted 7/24/2011 1:55:29 AM
Mewtwo_soul | Posted 7/24/2011 5:38:31 AM | message detail | quote
Why not 4?

Disgaea 4 was just recently released and NIS needs to milk the game for all its worth with DLC and additional chapters to the story. Disgaea 3 came out years ago with all DLC complete so it would make logical sense to port it then 4 at least 1.5-2 years later.
---
C. Playing:
#8Mewtwo_soul(Topic Creator)Posted 7/24/2011 2:07:44 AM
CorruptedRPG posted...
Mewtwo_soul | Posted 7/24/2011 5:38:31 AM | message detail | quote
Why not 4?

Disgaea 4 was just recently released and NIS needs to milk the game for all its worth with DLC and additional chapters to the story. Disgaea 3 came out years ago with all DLC complete so it would make logical sense to port it then 4 at least 1.5-2 years later.

Meh, I'm sure the Vita will be alive 1.5 -2 years from now. My topic was more on eventual not "launch only" or "first year releases" which I would expect 3 would be about 1 year after launch at least.
---
#9CorruptedRPGPosted 7/24/2011 2:29:26 AM
Mewtwo_soul | Posted 7/24/2011 6:07:44 AM | message detail | quote
Meh, I'm sure the Vita will be alive 1.5 -2 years from now. My topic was more on eventual not "launch only" or "first year releases" which I would expect 3 would be about 1 year after launch at least.

I'd expect 3 to show up earlier within at least 6 months of Vita's launch. The JRPG market wouldn't flourish by then giving NIS the perfect opportunity to get easy sales. All they have to do is update the graphical engine and more content.

NIS did say they are developing new titles for Vita. Disgaea 3 shouldn't take up much of their time given how easy it is to port PS3 titles,
---
C. Playing:
#10Mewtwo_soul(Topic Creator)Posted 7/24/2011 3:00:39 AM
CorruptedRPG posted...
Mewtwo_soul | Posted 7/24/2011 6:07:44 AM | message detail | quote

I'd expect 3 to show up earlier within at least 6 months of Vita's launch. The JRPG market wouldn't flourish by then giving NIS the perfect opportunity to get easy sales. All they have to do is update the graphical engine and more content.

NIS did say they are developing new titles for Vita. Disgaea 3 shouldn't take up much of their time given how easy it is to port PS3 titles,

I didn't know of this news of Nisa confirming they're already developing titles for it. (been out of the loop for a few months) but I guess it'd make more sense in that case for an earlier release.
---