I'm going to have to pay for social apps?

#1k0752Posted 8/17/2011 12:36:21 AM
I'm really looking forward to the Vita, but I'm a bit bummed to see that apparently the Vita is going to have apps for many of the social networks such as facebook and twitter.. whether I want it or not.

I want a handheld for gaming. Not for social apps, not for chatting or using as a phone. Simply for gaming.

And I'm a bit bummed to see that by buying a Vita, part of that price is apparently for these kind of apps to be built into it..

Just saying.
#2Blair68000Posted 8/17/2011 12:45:22 AM
.....lol

if youre paying for the software, the price is so negligible that it doesnt matter. youre paying for the HARDWARE, first and foremost.
---
Go and buy a new PS3 game and a new 360 game and I challenge you to smell them and tell me which is best. -- Gietzy
#3BearpowersPosted 8/17/2011 1:08:42 AM
As the other poster stated Software prices are dirt dirt dirt cheap and add nothing except maybe pennies to the price.
#4abort_missionPosted 8/17/2011 2:00:47 AM
Bearpowers posted...
As the other poster stated Software prices are dirt dirt dirt cheap and add nothing except maybe pennies to the price.

not to mention they are taking those pennies out of the price they already set: $250. i really doubt taking out the social apps is really going to be reason for them to drop the price a few bucks. with or without its going to be $250 which tbh is a good price for the hardware alone.
---
"I'll still make the Hall of Fame."
#5David_PuddyPosted 8/17/2011 2:59:59 AM
The Vita was built from the ground up as a social networking device. If you don't want a social networking device, maybe you should consider something else.
#6iveriadPosted 8/17/2011 3:08:56 AM(edited)
Facebook, Twitter, Skype, and Foursquare Apps are free in Android platform.
I don't see how it could be different for Vita.
---
"There is no justice in using and deceiving people!"