Camera megapixel info

#1dragonknight110Posted 8/19/2011 7:44:07 AM(edited)
I've looked on a few forums, and i dont have a link for these, but, someone was reading a article about someone who played the vita. they said the camera was MUCH better than the 3ds, though im not sure what the 3ds's is like. Another person thought he read this somewhere: the front camera is 1 megapixel, and the outwards facing camera is 5 megapixel. that sounds decent and i bet that is true

Edit: wait, they already said the resolution of the camera, so is this not true?
#2WetterdewPosted 8/19/2011 9:09:18 AM
Apparently they will have camera resolutions of 640 by 480 pixels, which is, if I'm not mistaken, the exact same as the camera of a 3DS.

I'm almost positive that it'll be worthless for photography. But as far as gameplay goes, you don't need a fancy camera to implement in games.
---
A horrible person:
I am a horrible person. That's what it says: a horrible person.
#3Starwars4JPosted 8/19/2011 10:17:20 AM
Wetterdew posted...
Apparently they will have camera resolutions of 640 by 480 pixels, which is, if I'm not mistaken, the exact same as the camera of a 3DS.

I'm almost positive that it'll be worthless for photography. But as far as gameplay goes, you don't need a fancy camera to implement in games.

This, all of it. The cameras of both the 3DS and the Vita are 0.3 MP.
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade
#4Elements012894Posted 8/21/2011 6:38:35 PM
I'm really stupid with camera stuff. But I'll risk humiliation anyways.

So the video capture quality vs image capture are exactly the same? Because I find that a little bit too low, its fine for video but for picture?
---
3D is to MK what live-action is to Mario.Never again.-Jeriakimefu
PSN- tazz1989
#5jfitz1982Posted 8/21/2011 7:11:39 PM
Elements012894 posted...
I'm really stupid with camera stuff. But I'll risk humiliation anyways.

So the video capture quality vs image capture are exactly the same? Because I find that a little bit too low, its fine for video but for picture?

Don't buy it for the camera? Easy enough...
---
I am nobody, nobody is perfect, therefore, I am perfect.
Now playing Lego Batman, Lego PotC, Okamiden, WindWaker, Xenosaga, L.A. Noire
#6Rolen74Posted 8/21/2011 7:23:39 PM
The camera is just a little gimmick thats main use will be facial recognition and games like Invizimals.
---
Milk-a-whaaaaaaaaa!?
#7nuclearratchetPosted 8/21/2011 8:45:16 PM
just because its 0.3 megapixel doesnt mean it will be the same as 3ds
#8PhantomSwordPosted 8/21/2011 8:46:20 PM
nuclearratchet posted...

True.

I hear that MP isn't the only factor in determining camera quality - what else do we have?
---
My favorite part of the day is when she dance in the mirror.
#9NyyarkPosted 8/21/2011 9:10:48 PM
My understanding is that it is much better both in the noise department (which is fairly horrid on the 3DS) and in how many frames per second it can capture. Some of that is the processor, but some of it is also the camera.

Both these things make it superior for augmented reality stuff. Of-course the 3DS has 3 cameras as well, so it'd make sense they'd use something cheaper.
#10WetterdewPosted 8/21/2011 10:06:13 PM
nuclearratchet posted...

The topic is about the cameras' resolutions.
---
A horrible person:
I am a horrible person. That's what it says: a horrible person.