20games at launch, 100 games within the first 4 months. Vita has a good chance.

#1MarblesbunbunPosted 9/14/2011 1:13:06 AM
Vita has estimated 20games at launch, 100 games within the first 4 months, complete support of PSP games and PS1 PSN games.

Looks like Vita has a good fighting chance to take on Nintendo this time around..
---
The patience it takes to play FFXI and EQ is the patience it takes to kill yourself by bashing your head into a wall.
#2Board_hunter567Posted 9/14/2011 1:21:44 AM
Fighting chance?
...Why does everything have to be a competition when it comes to video games? Can't we all just get along without pointless bickering?
#3RahzarXPosted 9/14/2011 1:22:37 AM
That's not really commercially viable... 2-3 month old titles are still on the New Release shelf in most stores, the shelves would be clogged... Toooooo much product! Anyways yah, it's not going to be that many.
---
whythefat "DDR, I notice your karma is 567. That 5+6+7= 18. 18 plus your IQ is 19. There were 19 hijackers on 911. You are a terrorist."
#4PK_Omega_XPosted 9/14/2011 1:25:35 AM
Can't we all just get along without pointless bickering?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSzCwFu1dYY&feature=related
#5Marblesbunbun(Topic Creator)Posted 9/14/2011 1:26:07 AM
RahzarX posted...
That's not really commercially viable... 2-3 month old titles are still on the New Release shelf in most stores, the shelves would be clogged... Toooooo much product! Anyways yah, it's not going to be that many.

Thats there estimate, atleast 20 for release and 100 within the "launch window" which is around 4months give or take.
---
The patience it takes to play FFXI and EQ is the patience it takes to kill yourself by bashing your head into a wall.
#6dayj15Posted 9/14/2011 1:31:16 AM
Board_hunter567 posted...
Fighting chance?
...Why does everything have to be a competition when it comes to video games? Can't we all just get along without pointless bickering?

I'm with you. It's pointless though. We're the Console Polygamists. We are the "BAAAAAD" people. *Makes masturbation gesture at the monogamists*
---
Xbox 360 GT: I KiD ViCiOuS I
#7PHOENIXZEROPosted 9/14/2011 3:32:17 AM
That's 20 games at launch in Japan, still no clue how many will be available elsewhere. Obviously several of those 20 games won't be released anywhere else. The North American launch could have less, could even have more. I'm sure they expect people to buy more than one game when it's released and there's absolutely nothing wrong with variety.

Board_hunter567 posted...
Fighting chance?

Let me be the first to say welcome to the internet.
#8SimpletonArrayPosted 9/14/2011 3:33:31 AM
Rule number 1.

When Sony says "X amount of games will be available at launch" You divide it by 5.

I remember back when Sony says the PSP Go will have 300 games or so at launch.

That was laughable during it's release. Just saying. Don't get your hopes too high.
---
Nintendo is God. If you don't believe that, you can go to Hell. Or in other words. Buy a PSP/Vita. Anintendomen.
#9ronrealplayaPosted 9/14/2011 3:47:29 AM
SimpletonArray posted...
Rule number 1.

When Sony says "X amount of games will be available at launch" You divide it by 5.

That was laughable during it's release. Just saying. Don't get your hopes too high.

Have to redirect you to 3DS board. http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/997614-3ds

:-P
---
Nothing is sweeter than watching an enemy's revenge backfire on them.
#10SimpletonArrayPosted 9/14/2011 3:58:17 AM
ronrealplaya posted...
SimpletonArray posted...
Rule number 1.

Have to redirect you to 3DS board. http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/997614-3ds

:-P

That won't be necessary. I probably own more Sony products than most on this board. You shall direct me to my Sony throne. :)
---
Nintendo is God. If you don't believe that, you can go to Hell. Or in other words. Buy a PSP/Vita. Anintendomen.