A big issue reguarding PSN limits (5 systems per account)

#1PK_Omega_XPosted 9/22/2011 12:40:41 AM
i made the mistake of having a psp + ps3, and upgrading models without ever knowing how to properly unlink a user account, so i ended up with two psps activated, two ps3s activated, and i dont have any of the units because i ebayed them. now yes the limits 5 but of course anyobody with any sense would be paranoid to buy a ps vita knowing if it ever broke, theyd be screwed out of EVERYTHING they purchased for it digitally, especially since the systems HALF DIGITAL! so my two questions:

question 1: will sony UNDOUBTABLY reset this limit for me completely if i call them without question?

and

question 2: is it 5 systems altogether? because its quite easy to get 3 psps, two ps3s activated if you ugrade your psp unit and ebay old models which probably a crapload of people did..i thought resetting to factory would make everything reset, but nope.

thanks. if anyone can answer my question ill tell you a secret about how to see a full list of ps3s and psps that are currently linked to your PSN =)
#2xCha0sPosted 9/22/2011 1:25:42 AM
tag
#3crono_cloudPosted 9/22/2011 1:43:39 AM
Its 5 counts towards psp, 5 towards ps3. Not 5 total altogether.

https://account.qriocity.com/pc/login.action

go there and sign in your psn account and it will show you which systems been activated and how many.
---
PSN: JDMi3N
#4stoney2005Posted 9/22/2011 2:51:54 AM
i just tried this and it won't allow you to deactivate the system from that site.

i have another ps3 activated (my old fat 80GB) and it tells me to use the XMB to deactivate and that it cannot be done from a PSP or PC.
---
Hmm a flag with the peace symbol on it. Your militant dictatorship can't have that, now can it Mario?
#5stoney2005Posted 9/22/2011 2:56:16 AM
Don't have system
If you do not have access to a previously activated system to deactivate it, contact our Consumer Services department so we can review your case.

Consumer Service Department
Phone: 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Hours of Operation
M-Sat 6:00 AM - 8:00 PM PT
Sunday 7:00 AM - 6:30 PM PT

Here is what you need to do.
---
Hmm a flag with the peace symbol on it. Your militant dictatorship can't have that, now can it Mario?
#6Maximum OverdrivePosted 9/22/2011 4:01:14 AM
Tag

I never really thought about it but I'm also in the same boat. I had a 60GB launch PS3 which YLOD'd on me so I can't deactivate that, I have my current 120GB, my cousin has my account on his PS3 and a friend has my account on his and he doesn't even use his PS3 anymore. It'll be a pain if I need to deactivate any accounts.

---
Resistance: Fall of Man username: [AM>]Shadow_Angel
MGO username: [PED] SHADOW ANGEL
#7Enigma149Posted 9/22/2011 5:00:24 AM
Why not...just get a new account? I mean, if you don't have any of the other 4 systems, how much could you loose?
#8CalciferJenkinsPosted 9/22/2011 5:06:23 AM
A new account means re-buying any content you have bought on the old acount, I'm pretty sure.
---
Thank you, gentlemen! Someday, I will repay you. Unless, of course, I can't find you or if I forget.
#9ORANGE666Posted 9/22/2011 9:28:08 AM
Sony doesn't count all the systems your account links to together. It's separate for each system

I'm pretty sure it's 3 accounts for PSP and 5 for PS3. The Vita will have another 3-5 accounts for you to activate.
#10Absolutezero93Posted 9/22/2011 1:04:48 PM
CalciferJenkins posted...
A new account means re-buying any content you have bought on the old acount, I'm pretty sure.

No it doesn't unless you decide to delete your account off the system, which would be pretty stupid.
---
I'm not looking for help, I'm complaining. This is GameFAQs, isn't it? ~ Shad0wflare