before i buy a 3ds i want to know if im missing out on the vita

#21SpyhunterRebornPosted 10/10/2011 6:08:03 AM
pairenoid posted...
i was dead sick of my ds
i upgraded from ds phat to a ds lite on release
i never touched it

i have phases where i dont play games much and this is one of them

im getting a 3ds now because i want to play ds rpgs, i dont want to get another ds lite

the price is right on a 3ds and future potential games, i mean i could wait for games to come out first but once i have my eyes on something its hard to wait

The cold hard truth of the 3DS is that it is more of the same that was in the DS, but with 3D. If you got sick of the DS, I see nothing that amounts to a compelling reason to get a 3DS.

It is your money, though...
---
Honest Gamer - be one...
#22HexRoPosted 10/10/2011 2:58:35 PM
pairenoid posted...
so if one has a ps3, is there any point to getting a vita? why or why not

if the graphics are on par with ps3, than whats the point? its not like the portability would make a difference as the battery life is bad, i wouldnt even bring my 3ds around much, but the 3ds utilizes pick up and play (animal crossing)

i really like the graphics on this but i am over console gaming such as xbox and ps3, so i dont need to feel the power of a console in my hands, rather an entire different gaming library

like i said i feel the psp is far superior in rpgs, but thats all it has going for me. i am just starved of rpgs because xbox 360 is a joke when it comes to rpgs

The Vita has a lot more pick-up-n-play options. And with this Android/PS Suite thing coming, it's going to have more. But if you don't want the power of a console in your hands, you might as well skip dedicated gaming handhelds altogether and just get a phone, because even the 3DS is not going the casual direction. You'll be seeing more and more RE: Revelations and less Animal Crossing.
#23Spiffy247Posted 10/10/2011 4:35:32 PM
Honestly, of the games on the Vita that have been announced, I'm liking the 3DS a bit more. I'll still get a Vita down the line. Most likely when it has 6 or more games I want out. You should do the same.
---
I'm clever, vaguely feminine, a vampire, and I wield Dice. PH33R.
The DS and PSP are both outstanding systems. Wally the Equality Weasel says so.
#24jairusmonillasPosted 10/10/2011 4:41:56 PM
Spiffy247 posted...
Honestly, of the games on the Vita that have been announced, I'm liking the 3DS a bit more. I'll still get a Vita down the line. Most likely when it has 6 or more games I want out. You should do the same.

No one is saying 3ds games like barbie, pokemon, the sims, mario, nintendogs are not likeable. They're just... aim for kids. It would be embarrassing if your over 16+ and still prefers childish games like those. At one point this Playstation and 360 users were once Nintendo fan. Time to Man it up if you are still reminiscing your childhood.
#25moogle69Posted 10/10/2011 4:42:09 PM
HexRo posted...
pairenoid posted...
so if one has a ps3, is there any point to getting a vita? why or why not

if the graphics are on par with ps3, than whats the point? its not like the portability would make a difference as the battery life is bad, i wouldnt even bring my 3ds around much, but the 3ds utilizes pick up and play (animal crossing)

i really like the graphics on this but i am over console gaming such as xbox and ps3, so i dont need to feel the power of a console in my hands, rather an entire different gaming library

like i said i feel the psp is far superior in rpgs, but thats all it has going for me. i am just starved of rpgs because xbox 360 is a joke when it comes to rpgs

The Vita has a lot more pick-up-n-play options. And with this Android/PS Suite thing coming, it's going to have more. But if you don't want the power of a console in your hands, you might as well skip dedicated gaming handhelds altogether and just get a phone, because even the 3DS is not going the casual direction. You'll be seeing more and more RE: Revelations and less Animal Crossing.

WRONG, there are some really really nice pick up and play options in the 3DS, especially the VC titles and nintendo games in general are really really good pick up and plays.
---
playing: Dragon Quest VI
looking forward to: Final Fantasy-Type 0, Dragon Quest Monster Joker 2, ES: SKYRIM V, Dark Souls, Hopefully FFversus XIII for 360
#26Spiffy247Posted 10/10/2011 4:50:26 PM
jairusmonillas posted...

No one is saying 3ds games like barbie, pokemon, the sims, mario, nintendogs are not likeable. They're just... aim for kids. It would be embarrassing if your over 16+ and still prefers childish games like those. At one point this Playstation and 360 users were once Nintendo fan. Time to Man it up if you are still reminiscing your childhood.

I'm 23, and I own a 3DS. I enjoy the games I buy on the system. Nintendo games are not the only games that are worth buying on the system. I also play my PSP and 360 all the time! I am kinda annoyed with this "Nintendo is for kids" stuff. They may not have blood gushing out of Mario's gut, but that doesn't matter to me. I enjoy games based on gameplay. I play M rated games. I enjoy Assassin's Creed, Gears of War, and those things. I play them not because most kids aren't allowed to. And if you listen to game developers, most games by Nintendo are aimed at all audiences. I think there's no problem with enjoying Nintendo's games at my age. As long as the games are fun, and not crap like imagine titles, there's no problem with adults playing them.
---
I'm clever, vaguely feminine, a vampire, and I wield Dice. PH33R.
The DS and PSP are both outstanding systems. Wally the Equality Weasel says so.