PLAYSTATION VITA FAQ (Please read before posting)

#31cyber2ninjaPosted 12/6/2011 10:24:00 AM
Just adding more info.

Vita also come with 3 Free AR games. As of right now I don't know which 3 since they show 6 of them.

And unlike the 3DS, the AR games can use muit-card or even none on some game.

Hope I didn't break any rule by posting a link.
http://www.eurogamer.net/videos/sony-vid-shows-off-playstation-vita-ar-games
---
FF3 Friend Code 545-544-964-221
JUS Friend Code 120351 168626
#32Starlight88Posted 12/6/2011 6:53:17 PM
Is it the vita games is download??
#33gogogosuperPosted 12/21/2011 4:16:02 AM
If I import a JPN Vita, can I access the US PSN store via the usual methods, like PS3 or MediaGo or will I have to wait until the Vita is released for the US.
#34xIvan321Posted 12/22/2011 11:05:22 AM
Dawndragon posted...
So just so I'm clear...

The 3G on this thing can be turned off right? As in....

- I get a 3G version.

- I turn 3G off until I need/want to use it and the system is treated as a wi-fi version.

and not...

- I get a 3G version

- I try and turn the 3G off only to find that I can't, and that I have to use it.

- Vita: Problem? *Trollface*

Le failure... :D
---
xIvan321 posted...
The TC must be speaking lies of unseen forces of Maka Wuhu...
#35KonekoKaemonPosted 12/23/2011 2:16:16 PM
gogogosuper posted...
If I import a JPN Vita, can I access the US PSN store via the usual methods, like PS3 or MediaGo or will I have to wait until the Vita is released for the US.

You wouldn't be able to access it, no way to copy over US games for now.
---
XBL/Steam/PSN: KeiKaemon
~Currently playing~ My PS Vita
#36darknilePosted 12/26/2011 1:57:31 AM
Yeah I was wondering about the import scene on the vita too. I was able to import UMDs from Japan for games that never got released in the US on my US PSP. No territorial lock out I hope. Plus should I try to do JPN Vita for DD on their PSN and do some wrangling for access to the US PSN, or vice versa?

Kinda funny that we moved from cartridges to discs and now back to cartridges again.
---
-You know you're badass if you can make the Lord of all Evil cry.
#37MoegittoPosted 1/1/2012 12:31:39 AM
I'll try to add some help...

1. The 3G is automatically turned off. You have to sign up for the At&t Prepay plans (I know $25 for 2GB a month but I think it's $14 for 250MB a month). It's the same plan the ipad use. You can search the At&t website for Data Connect Pass Wireless Data for more info.

2. I'm not for sure because I don't personally care, but I keep seeing all over the net that the PS Vita is region free but the GAMES aren't. You can buy a Japanese Vita and set it for English standards, but you might not be able to play Japanese games on a US account. But e have to wait till at the latest February 22nd to find that out.

3. Just something to look for in the future, they have stated that the game sticks are based inbetween 2 and 4GB. Sony asked the companies to keep the stick usage inbetween 10 to 25%. I don't know what this means, maybe it means they planned on allowing us to save ON the sticks or maybe for saving patches, I dunno. I'll look into it further, but at least Sony dropped the prices on their memory sticks (for now).
---
PS3: TheTrueMoegitto
PS3, iPhone 4S, PC
#38omarariasPosted 1/3/2012 9:23:40 AM
how does vita compare to nintendo DS i read some where people play anything as long as graphics are good thats not true people still play nintendo DS and psp's graphics were always better as long as you had psp 3000
#39CrazyBallzPosted 1/5/2012 5:09:00 AM
Moegitto posted...

2. I'm not for sure because I don't personally care, but I keep seeing all over the net that the PS Vita is region free but the GAMES aren't. You can buy a Japanese Vita and set it for English standards, but you might not be able to play Japanese games on a US account. But e have to wait till at the latest February 22nd to find that out.

It's region free... and you can play imported games on a US account.

For those who care for 3g it seems the usa version as it will be locked to att, just as the jpn versionbis locked to domocon(sic?). Currently the hk version is unlocked and can work with any sim.
#40jesuschristmonkPosted 1/5/2012 6:37:15 PM

GameDesignerSage posted...
Also, on the camera front both cameras are 0.3 MP

Mfw everyone's faces will look like they're from Metal Gear Solid 1