I'm sorry but if the Vita $250 when launched it will end up like PSP ..UNLESS

#1bulletproven50Posted 12/3/2011 8:38:51 PM
UNLESS they drop the price by $80 after 2 months of not so good sells other than the hardcore psp owners that's gonna upgrade regardless the price(about 1 to 2 million users) So yes I do believe the launch will have big sells but after that it will drop by %70 of that and pick off where the PSP did.......... I'm telling you $250? and what about after tax=$280. I have the money and I'm not even gonna pay that much for it :-). This also happened with the PS3, delivered so much but no one cared because the 360 was like almost $200 cheaper.... and this could also effect what games come to PS Vita. I would love to see a Resident Evil/ Mortal Kombat on the Vita but it's all about the handheld everyone is playing
---
PSN ID:Sprint4geyes_601
My frequently played games of 2011Mortal K, Dark Souls, BF3(5mins), Saints R3(nice) Dead Island(borin),Unchart2, Rage(borin),COD:BO(ok)
#2SnoopydancePosted 12/3/2011 8:41:44 PM
There are a ton of preorders already -- they're not gonna pull the Nintendo move because the 3DS sold poorly for it's poor value at the same price point, with a very weak library, whereas the Vita will soon after launch have a huge back catalogue of multiple generation games, and more advanced hardware for the price
---

#3fuzacoPosted 12/3/2011 8:48:54 PM
End up like the PSP, huh? So selling 71million+ units, more than the X360 or the PS3? I'm fine with that.
#4bulletproven50(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2011 9:08:08 PM
C'mon we all know like the PS3/PSP it will launch with maybe 2 titles from sony than 2 other exclusives and the rest ports of sports/racing games from the consoles. It will not be that many games on release day. Sony will not get that right. It will take about 2 months for them to get a steady income of PSN related games to start poppin' up for the PS Vita. Sony just doesn't seem motivated for their new device which is coming out this month in Japan, you can't tell though
---
My frequently played games of 2011Mortal K, Dark Souls, BF3(5mins), Saints R3(nice) Dead Island(borin),Unchart2, Rage(borin),COD:BO(ok)
#5fuzacoPosted 12/3/2011 9:14:49 PM
Someone doesn't know that most of the launch titles have been announced already. And do you live in Japan? I'm pretty sure you're not, so how do you know that Sony doesn't hype the device there?

If you're just trying to troll, stop it. You clearly failed.
#6ouijaouijaPosted 12/3/2011 9:20:55 PM
we don't know about vita preorders wihle the hype machine is running, all i have read is that specific stores have had their preordrr quotas filled, read in it what you will

but we will find out come end of dec how it is doing
#7bulletproven50(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2011 9:30:57 PM
The device will be here in 2 months. Over the pass month all sony has released was memory card pricing. Everyone was so hyped for the 3ds 2 months before it came out.....
---
#8birdfartomatoPosted 12/3/2011 9:33:51 PM
I'll admit I'm not too hype about the Vita right now but I'm sure Sony will release more information about their games 2 weeks before it is released. Sony doesn't like to spend months hypeing their games. Just wait 2 weeks before it is released and you will hear more about it. Kind of sucks I know.
---
Demon Souls> Rage< Dark Souls
#9PHOENIXZEROPosted 12/3/2011 11:21:36 PM(edited)
The PSP launched in North America at $250 with a BS bundle... Sony I'm sure would be ecstatic if the Vita managed to sell 71 million units, especially if that was without the rampant piracy the PSP experienced. Of course it's going to be but Sony is probably going to be A LOT more aggressive when it comes to it and custom firmware.

---
Yay for the ignore function, I hope there's no limit.
#10YAMI_ANUBIS_XPosted 12/4/2011 6:29:53 AM
@PHOENIX

CFW is what made psp so successful at the beginning, it wasnt cfw that made sony lose game sales, it was piracy, CFW saved the psp, CFW does not equal piracy, it more or less unlocks the system, so that you could emulate old systems, best part was irshell, that let you play music ingame. People didnt start pirating till much later, like way after cfw was released, i believe but cfw made psp sell very well for 1000-2000 models, if vita is hacked, alot of people will buy it cause its a cheaper, much more powerful version of the pandora handheld, why buy a pandora handheld for, i think craig made it more expensive, it used to be 320 dollars, now due to changing manufacturers, its 500 dollars, why buy one, when you can get the cheaper more powerful vita.

I do not support piracy but supporting homebrew is alot different than piracy.
---
GT: Yami Anubis X I believe that is it
3DS FC:1891-1173-7323 Name YamiAnubiX