I'm sorry but if the Vita $250 when launched it will end up like PSP ..UNLESS

#41chaos_sage0265Posted 12/6/2011 10:07:45 PM
kdognumba1 posted...
I don't see them dropping price any time soon. Even if the sales aren't super hot, fact of the matter is digital sales, playstation plus, and data plans = big money earners.

I sincerely hope nobody falls for the data plan.
---
"We are within the nonsense of a larger plan
Worthy of some salt pouring on a bloodied part." - Unexpect
#42bulletproven50(Topic Creator)Posted 12/7/2011 12:43:05 AM
I OBJECT!!! dudes IF piracy hits the Vita like it did PSP than it will be doomed. I don't think PSP sold millions mainly of piracy, most hardcore fanboys already had the PSP before hacking became popular. after the first 2 years the psp was on a slow halt then that's when all the casual gamers started coming in and that's where I believe PSP got most of its sales, not MAINLY to all the homebrew crap................ALSO the PS3 got hacked last year and nothing has changed in the gap between PS3/360.. 360 still in the lead. So I don't think all this homebrew stuff=sales. nope not me.
---
PSN ID:Sprint4geyes_601
My frequently played games of 2011Mortal K, Dark Souls, BF3(5mins), Saints R3(nice) Dead Island(borin),Unchart2, Rage(borin),COD:BO(ok)
#43blunderminePosted 12/7/2011 7:25:27 AM
Snoopydance posted...
There are a ton of preorders already -- they're not gonna pull the Nintendo move because the 3DS sold poorly for it's poor value at the same price point, with a very weak library, whereas the Vita will soon after launch have a huge back catalogue of multiple generation games, and more advanced hardware for the price

It doesn't matter how much value it has, the only thing that matters is if people buy it.
---
So if Nintendo changed the name of the Wii - U, would the be pulling a U-Wii?
#44SnoopydancePosted 12/7/2011 8:12:35 AM
^ Which is obviously determined in large part by their perception of it's value.
---

#45bulletproven50(Topic Creator)Posted 12/7/2011 9:40:37 PM
Ofcourse this thing is going to do better than the PSP, it's preorders right now is off the hype, not about the good games that will be available. You never hear anyone talking about can't wait to play that uncharted because we all know it's prob. a predicable sequel instead of a full blown original game. Prequels are ok but sometimes the story isn't all that so so when you can predict what will happen in the end hence PREQUEL..

And you don't want the Vita to end up like the PSP, it only survived because it was the only second choice you had for an handheld. people that got tired of the DS went to the PSP. So Sony should support this thing like they are trying to take the crown from Nintendo, not that "build our own market" crap, no you want that spot from nintendo which guarantees victory!!!!!! yes baby!
---
My frequently played games of 2011Mortal K, Dark Souls, BF3(5mins), Saints R3(nice) Dead Island(borin),Unchart2, Rage(borin),COD:BO(ok)
#46Poncho_HachachaPosted 12/8/2011 11:30:48 AM

The psp has sold over 70 million systems to date at that same price point and that was with horrible marketing and an inconsistent, at best, catalog of quality games. I know this isn't the same market as when the psp 1st launched, but as long as sony markets this system better and gets quality developers to continue developing quality games exclusive to the system it shouldn't have much of a problem surpassing the psp in sales or in it's gaming catalog.

#47bulletproven50(Topic Creator)Posted 12/12/2011 9:29:28 PM
^^^^ No, but you are right it's a different market now. It's going to take more than showing a bunch of commercials. Yeah that would of been the case during psp days. People have already got their view on the PSP 2 from the PSP so you have to change their minds. those 70million PSP owners are all Sony has right now and >MAYBE< like 10 million DS users to per sway (the rest of DS owners are kids 12 n below n which mom want buy them a psp
---