So this thing can't even play my PSOne classics?

#1n0matterPosted 12/12/2011 6:16:18 PM
I was all for this at first, since I have a roster of PSOne titles I'd be able to just download and play. Now I'm hearing I'll need to buy a launch title to do anything with it. Can someone confirm this? $250 + 50 + 50...no way in hell I'm dropping $350 on a new handheld and not be able to play crap I've already downloaded from the damn playstation store.
#2Starwars4JPosted 12/12/2011 6:17:56 PM
Not at the Japanese launch, unknown at the US launch. Eventually? Most likely.
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade
#3JablesXPosted 12/12/2011 6:18:34 PM
PSOne Classics won't be there for Japanese launch. And where did you hear that nonsense about needing to buy a game to do anything? <_<
---
If you can type, then I assume you have the ability to think
Official Starmie of the B/W Clan
#4linkdarrelPosted 12/12/2011 6:31:39 PM
It's been a few days since I have really been on the boards, but what I heard is that they will not support PS1 games on the Japanese launch day, but will in a later system update. We don't know how long it will take Sony to fix it, but we can hope that it will be there in time for the US launch.
---
PSN ff_link
PlayStation Vita First Edition Bundle Pre-Ordered
#5ChojinXPosted 12/12/2011 10:23:21 PM
^ I heard the same thing about it not being able to play PSOne games at launch Japanese or US. I heard that it was something about the ARM processor and that they would try to support PSOne games at a later time. I was thinking it was because Sony would have to license the technology again from the PSOne and pay royalties like they did when the PS3 came out and it was backwards compatable. Maybe I'm wrong.
---
Apple iPhone 4 16 GB CDMA Verizon version with Unlimited Data