3 hours or so of gaming is a bit little dont you think

#11ORANGE666Posted 12/12/2011 11:05:17 PM
Starwars4J posted...
Bearpowers posted...
Starwars4J posted...
Bearpowers posted...
3 to 5 hours =/= 3 hours

Consider use of speakers and wifi then. 3-5 is with those off.
I only play single player games so wifi will rarely be used

And headphones are not a problem.

Bam 5 hours.

That's wonderful for you, but that isn't how most gamers play, and that isn't how the system is meant to be played. Headphones are an option. Wifi is a feature. I'm sure you could turn down the backlight to the lowest setting and get it to 7 hours, but that isn't the same as it having a 7 hour battery life. Let's be fair and reasonable, you know? Don't want to misrepresent it, or people will be more upset when they see the truth.

Something to consider is that the AMOLED screen is much brighter than LCD. My Samsung Galaxy S2 at 30% brightness is brighter than any LCD phone at 100% brightness. The screen also doesn't have a backlight...

Anyways, Sony said 3-5 hours with

Sound through headphones
Normal Brightness
Wifi and 3G off.
---
()Playing() Corpse Party=Battlefield3=SaintsRow3=PhoenixWright3=Persona2
#12Starwars4JPosted 12/12/2011 11:06:57 PM
ORANGE666 posted...
Something to consider is that the AMOLED screen is much brighter than LCD. My Samsung Galaxy S2 at 30% brightness is brighter than any LCD phone at 100% brightness. The screen also doesn't have a backlight...

Anyways, Sony said 3-5 hours with

Sound through headphones
Normal Brightness
Wifi and 3G off.

Isn't that exactly what I said?
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade
#13Gamingsince1989Posted 12/12/2011 11:24:40 PM
You can always get the portable battery charger that gives an extra 4-7 hours of gaming time, 7 extra hours of video, or 13 extra hours of music in standby mode. I preordered the portable charger because I'm out and about everyday and never know how much I'll be playing.