Is it okay to leave the Vita on the charger when it's fully charged?

#1AnatomyHorrorPosted 12/19/2011 12:59:19 AM
I'm new to any type of portable gaming that has came out in the past decade.

I was talking to a friend, and he said you shouldn't leave it on the charger, while it's fully charged because it would drain battery life.

This came up as I said I would likely leave it on the charger while playing it.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/anatomy2k7
Best of 2011 - Dark Souls, The Witcher 2, Uncharted 3, MotorStorm 3, Rayman Origins, Trine 2
#2TheEmoBoyToyPosted 12/19/2011 1:01:36 AM
he's wrong, it's fine. all modern decent rechargable batteries automatically stop charging when fully charged.
---
"I'm not ignorant. I know what it means to be gay and it's wrong" orpheus_telos84, example of christian logic.
#3AnatomyHorror(Topic Creator)Posted 12/19/2011 1:06:45 AM
So it's all good to leave it plugged up, fully charged, and just keep on playing it?
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/anatomy2k7
Best of 2011 - Dark Souls, The Witcher 2, Uncharted 3, MotorStorm 3, Rayman Origins, Trine 2
#4Elements012894Posted 12/19/2011 2:01:43 AM
As far as I know its not the "advisable" thing to do, but it should be perfectly fine really.
---
PSN- tazz1989
#5bakasmurfPosted 12/19/2011 3:04:09 AM
Based on my experience with my PSP and PSP charger, I wouldn't advise it.

Last year i used play Tekken and Fate/unlimited alot just before i sleep so i would leave the PSP plug to the charger. Eventually i noticed that the PSP charger keeps getting hot in the morning even though the PSP is already full and still plugged. Granted i was doing this for several months before it showed any signs. End of story, my PSP charger stopped working soon after. Its a good thing my PSP never had a problem after that but Im using a USB to charge now. If it makes any difference, its a PSP2000 and several years old so it might also be that.
#6EncephlonPosted 12/19/2011 3:13:12 AM(edited)
yeah that probably does kill the battery life but you will hardly notice anyways. I take it you cannot remove the battery and just play off the AC?
---
So many games, so little time...
Unfortunately most portable/HD remakes suffer "Emperor's New Clothes" syndrome. Nostalgia ftw.
#7bakasmurfPosted 12/19/2011 3:32:17 AM
Encephlon posted...
yeah that probably does kill the battery life but you will hardly notice anyways. I take it you cannot remove the battery and just play off the AC?

No. I play it unplugged but charge it at night so its full the next day.
#8r12qiPosted 12/19/2011 3:35:00 AM
best advise is to not to. despite now it have some safety measurement
#9fuzacoPosted 12/19/2011 5:36:42 AM
You can, but it's really not advised. For example, my mother has been using her laptop for 3 or 4 years, and it's always on the charger - now its battery can only last about 30 mins.
#10wolf_blitzer85Posted 12/21/2011 12:01:16 PM(edited)
TheEmoBoyToy posted...
he's wrong, it's fine. all modern decent Li-ion rechargable batteries automatically stop charging when fully charged.
*corrected
---
One currency to rule them all, One Internet to find them, One Predator Drone to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.