Is it okay to leave the Vita on the charger when it's fully charged?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. Is it okay to leave the Vita on the charger when it's fully charged?
4 years ago#1
I'm new to any type of portable gaming that has came out in the past decade.

I was talking to a friend, and he said you shouldn't leave it on the charger, while it's fully charged because it would drain battery life.

This came up as I said I would likely leave it on the charger while playing it.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/anatomy2k7
Best of 2011 - Dark Souls, The Witcher 2, Uncharted 3, MotorStorm 3, Rayman Origins, Trine 2
4 years ago#2
he's wrong, it's fine. all modern decent rechargable batteries automatically stop charging when fully charged.
---
"I'm not ignorant. I know what it means to be gay and it's wrong" orpheus_telos84, example of christian logic.
4 years ago#3
So it's all good to leave it plugged up, fully charged, and just keep on playing it?
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/anatomy2k7
Best of 2011 - Dark Souls, The Witcher 2, Uncharted 3, MotorStorm 3, Rayman Origins, Trine 2
4 years ago#4
As far as I know its not the "advisable" thing to do, but it should be perfectly fine really.
---
PSN- tazz1989
4 years ago#5
Based on my experience with my PSP and PSP charger, I wouldn't advise it.

Last year i used play Tekken and Fate/unlimited alot just before i sleep so i would leave the PSP plug to the charger. Eventually i noticed that the PSP charger keeps getting hot in the morning even though the PSP is already full and still plugged. Granted i was doing this for several months before it showed any signs. End of story, my PSP charger stopped working soon after. Its a good thing my PSP never had a problem after that but Im using a USB to charge now. If it makes any difference, its a PSP2000 and several years old so it might also be that.
4 years ago#6
yeah that probably does kill the battery life but you will hardly notice anyways. I take it you cannot remove the battery and just play off the AC?
---
So many games, so little time...
Unfortunately most portable/HD remakes suffer "Emperor's New Clothes" syndrome. Nostalgia ftw.
4 years ago#7
Encephlon posted...
yeah that probably does kill the battery life but you will hardly notice anyways. I take it you cannot remove the battery and just play off the AC?

No. I play it unplugged but charge it at night so its full the next day.
4 years ago#8
best advise is to not to. despite now it have some safety measurement
4 years ago#9
You can, but it's really not advised. For example, my mother has been using her laptop for 3 or 4 years, and it's always on the charger - now its battery can only last about 30 mins.
4 years ago#10
TheEmoBoyToy posted...
he's wrong, it's fine. all modern decent Li-ion rechargable batteries automatically stop charging when fully charged.
*corrected
---
One currency to rule them all, One Internet to find them, One Predator Drone to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. Is it okay to leave the Vita on the charger when it's fully charged?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived