i think everyone is missing the point here

#41GensokyoPosted 12/22/2011 10:10:44 AM
kyomagi posted...
Gensokyo posted...
kyomagi posted...
Actually that has been debunked. Its a minor pain in the ass and you need 2 memory cards, but you can have game DLC from other regions. It works with all games and dlc.

The method tested Japanese psp games, vita games and dlc. all worked. I dig at neogaf and see if i can find the post again

Is that that true? If so, that's great news and I might consider getting a Vita after all. I'm assuming this also works for gamesharing with my brother if we were to share a Vita?

Also, is this just some workaround due to a flaw in the Vita's programming, meaning it will most likely be patched in the future, or can we expect this to always work?

should always work.

Basically try this, this is the one memory card method, if this dont work, then you need two.

Set up vita with JPN account
Download demos or games to memory card (note if you DL a vita game, you can only get trophy support from the account you downloaded it from, but you are ok if you buy physical copies)M
Take card out and format psv
Insert card
Power On
Sign in to US account

Some games MAY not work, just so you know, but the majority of titles do work.

Thanks for the information. I'll look into that. ^^
#42kyncaniPosted 12/22/2011 10:38:11 AM

kyomagi posted...
This is also the reason I'm not buying a Vita, like I originally thought about doing.

Actually that has been debunked. Its a minor pain in the ass and you need 2 memory cards, but you can have game DLC from other regions. It works with all games and dlc.

@kyomagi, those restrictions would have been a major pain in the ass, yeah.

I see, so best to buy retail only at first and wait six months or so for the rules to settle.

And since I live in the EU, it's best to register an US account to be sure to have access to all the games.