people claiming phones are not a threat to gaming, pretending they are hardcore

#1Garfield64Posted 12/26/2011 1:40:10 PM
Iphone 4s sold over 4 million copies in 3 days. Angry birds has sold over 600 MILLION copies.

The sad truth is. People want to make money. The numbers of people who own phones and buy games from them astronomically outweigh how many people buy handhelds.

We need to stop bickering , about Vita verses 3DS. How about as true gamers we just buy both, we enjoy both. How about we support both Sony and Nintendo as much as we can to show them hardcore gamers still exist and can make them a profit.

With people acting all anal and emo over which handheld you should own. It's cutting profits into both systems.

Where both need tons of sells to stay alive and not switch to the new mobile phone gaming market (where there is a TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON of money to be made).

Sadly if FAKE hardcore gamers keep choosing loyalties to one brand. The age of large fun complicated games will end.

A new one made of stupid flash games that take a couple weeks to create but generate billions of dollars will come instead =(.

Remember when Adult Swim had Anime. But then they found out they could draw crappy !@#$ that doesn't make sense, get more viewers, at way low cost. Look what happened to Adult Swim afterwards.

The same thing will happen to us. Do you really want to be playing Angry Birds the RPG. Which can be completely beat in about 1 hour?

If not then start supporting every game company not just who you think you should be loyal to. I got news for you all. Sony, Nintendo, and Microsoft all make kick ass great games.

The one you should be bashing is companies like Apple.
---
~__~ zZZzZzZZZzZZZzzZZzzZzZzZZZzZZZzZzz
#2KGTriggerPosted 12/26/2011 1:42:35 PM
What? Who's pretending to be hardcore? It's more that those games don't cater to everyone, and there will always be room enough for an industry dedicated to games that aren't just meant to be time killers.
---
PSN: PewPewPew809
3DS FC: 0344-9295-6089 - Joben
#3darkblade1112Posted 12/26/2011 1:44:49 PM
Angry birds doesn't have 600 million sales, it has 600 million downloads. Most of those are free downloads.
#4Garfield64(Topic Creator)Posted 12/26/2011 1:48:14 PM(edited)
Really?

So let's see

Company see that they can invest 100 million dollars into a game. Then make back about barely 150 million IF they are lucky and it sells 5+ million copies. Then HOPE that the 50,000,000 is enough to pay for shipping, advertising, and production.

OR they can invest 2,000 into a small flash game. Then make back 2.5 Billion dollars. With no cost at all for shipping or production.

Then you pretend it's not a threat. Really?

I wish Gamers would take off the Rose Colored Glasses that console/handheld gaming will stay no matter what.

Reminds me of Sega fans.
---
#5myHammerfellPosted 12/26/2011 1:46:38 PM
iphone has rpgs, srpgs, arpgs, etc.

if devs think the iphone is where the money is, theyll start deving more iphone games

i personally sold my ds and psp after i got a iphone

far more convenient to have a all-in-one

if someone really wants to theyll make a device to add buttons to the iphone

bit more clunky but bam suddenly you have real buttons and the iphone is just

as much as a gaming device as a psp or ds

and you can even call and text w/ it
#6Garfield64(Topic Creator)Posted 12/26/2011 1:51:43 PM(edited)
For record if people don't start being so Biased and Loyal to only one gaming company.

The first one to die will be Nintendo (they only make profit from gaming). Afterwards Sony.

Lucky for Microsoft PC gaming will always exist and they have two "gaming" platforms.
Windows and Xbox. So even if Console gaming dies, they are covered with Windows.
---
#7darkblade1112Posted 12/26/2011 1:53:57 PM
myHammerfell posted...

if devs think the iphone is where the money is, theyll start deving more iphone games

Except all the good developers are in Japan, where iPhones account for a tiny proportion of the cell phone market.
#8kyncaniPosted 12/26/2011 1:54:35 PM
Garfeild64 posted...
OR they can invest 2,000 into a small flash game. Then make back 2.5 Billion dollars. With no cost at all for shipping or production.

Then you pretend it's not a threat. Really?

$2000 modern warfare 4, iphone only, taking over the pc and console players.

Now that I have to see ;)
#9myHammerfellPosted 12/26/2011 1:57:29 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#10KGTriggerPosted 12/26/2011 2:00:12 PM

gomenasai, senpai

iiii did not mean-u to offenderu you~~~ V_______V

i have shamedu maiii greatu heditage!!

/SEPPUKU TT________TT~~~~~~~~~

I agree with darkblade, most of the games I enjoy playing are Japanese made.
---
PSN: PewPewPew809
3DS FC: 0344-9295-6089 - Joben