I'm really worried about the Vita and Sony needs to make a move now.

#1ronrealplayaPosted 12/29/2011 3:56:12 AM
This suckage was just caused by Sony's not knowing what to do and still have the desire to profit with Vita. If they followed the way they did with PS3 with the Harddrive options with different prices, 2gb internal memory that is good for saving progress is enough but they just gone and trip and made the worst mistake by not having it. Games that aren't even bootable without cards. Great Jesus. Sony needs to rethink their strategy cause the sales were acceptable last week but this week just isn't. Just bundle Vita already with those cards and make Little Deviants or any PSP games free to download like the time they were hacked. Profiting is good but they're doing such risky business with the memory cards that there should be an actual reason why you got to buy it. Sony is digging Vita underground and they don't even know it, just sad cause this is a great device but Sony just sucks at marketing and PR. Why don't you do this Sony? Buy Monster Hunter or Crisis Core from Capcom or Square Enix for $20M and give it to Vita owners for free. Sony just got to be smart. You have your PSN for that and they don't know how to use it. Sony just sucks with this.
---
Nothing is sweeter than watching an enemy's revenge backfire on them.
#2QuestionmarktariusPosted 12/29/2011 4:11:21 AM
Just cut the price of the memory cards by half and everything will be just fine.
#3usernameusernaxPosted 12/29/2011 4:21:34 AM
Sonys' long-term, and mid-term game plan seems fine, it's the immediate future that's the bigger problem. They could have a price cut, but I reckon formal announcements of games planned and release dates for those already revealed would do more good.
#4ronrealplaya(Topic Creator)Posted 12/29/2011 4:25:04 AM(edited)
Questionmarktarius posted...
Just cut the price of the memory cards by half and everything will be just fine.

Or a killer app.

US and EU are fine but JPN needs one. Seriously, Sony loves to screw up. They should've bought every PSP essentials so they could offer it as for free or price it as $1. People needs incentive nowadays and Sony needs to understand that their strategy isn't working because they aren't the same giants they were when PS2 was still a God. If they want to profit, they need to lose some money to gain money.
---
#5ronrealplaya(Topic Creator)Posted 12/29/2011 4:27:43 AM
usernameusernax posted...
Sonys' long-term, and mid-term game plan seems fine, it's the immediate future that's the bigger problem. They could have a price cut, but I reckon formal announcements of games planned and release dates for those already revealed would do more good.

That's the problem. Sony has to make some risk involving their short term outcomes too. What's with putting their PSP IPs up for free? it's not like PSP games are still selling.
---
#6barkfaqs64Posted 12/29/2011 4:48:11 AM
Here's the thing -

fine lineup for sony ericson gaming phone

poor lineu[p for expensive dedicated handheld.

sony needs to step their game department up, and that takes money, time and commitment. vita is in trouble for quite a while, I daresay - when and what is its first killa app?
#7Megaman OmegaPosted 12/29/2011 5:22:43 AM

Games that aren't even bootable without cards. Great Jesus.

This is undoubtably one of the biggest mistakes they made. When you buy a system and a game for it but you can't play the game because you're missing hardware, you've bought an incomplete system. And we're not talking about add-ons. Why couldn't the Vita just come with a 2GB card, like the 3DS did? Heck, the 3DS didn't even need it, it just had that card, anyway.
---
3D screens.. how do they work? are they similar to magnets? PS: Please no replies from scientists.. you're always lyin, and gettin me pissed.
~ Mario64DStyle
#8goemon1977Posted 12/29/2011 5:25:46 AM
Recipe for success for Vita is as follows....pack in the 4g mem card for free, or chop 30$ off the price tag of the wi fi system. The 3G unit should be destroyed completely. Also Sony should have kicked Capcom's asses into making MH portable 3rd in English and making it a day one release on the PSN when Vita is launched. Ecape Plan should should also be a free DL on a voucher packed into all systems. just saying. Oh, and there needs to be demo units in retail stores.....like yesterday! If people saw this puppy in action it would def help sales.
---
It's the Great space Coaster!
#9kyomagiPosted 12/29/2011 5:37:55 AM
barkfaqs64 posted...
Here's the thing -

fine lineup for sony ericson gaming phone

poor lineu[p for expensive dedicated handheld.

sony needs to step their game department up, and that takes money, time and commitment. vita is in trouble for quite a while, I daresay - when and what is its first killa app?

That made no sense at all

then i realized

Board User Level 15: New User (1)
Awarded to users with positive karma after 48 hours. Can create 5 topics, 30 messages per day. Can delete own messages, close topics.
Account Created Monday, December 26, 2011 6:14 AM
---
PS3 - Magistarkyo; 360 - AkumaKyo; 3DS FC -
#10HMRSXPosted 12/29/2011 6:16:34 AM
You guys are funny, especially the TC. It's not that serious, freaking relax....