Vita didn't flopped

#21Megaman OmegaPosted 12/31/2011 3:41:53 PM

woah PSP did good? compared to what?

It's like the 3rd best selling handheld of all time.
---
3D screens.. how do they work? are they similar to magnets? PS: Please no replies from scientists.. you're always lyin, and gettin me pissed.
~ Mario64DStyle
#22jairusmonillasPosted 12/31/2011 4:09:54 PM
VampiricDragon_ posted...
Natureboy99 posted...
Vita has sold more than PSP did in the same time period. It is doing JUST fine. Nobody should expect a premium product like Vita to outsell a mass-consumer product like 3DS. Unlike 3DS, Vita is not really aimed at kids and tweens. It is more for adults.

The 3ds is aimed at adults too

Joke of the day.

3DS for Adults.. LOL
#23Natureboy99Posted 12/31/2011 5:07:21 PM
Jarinmack posted...
Natureboy99 posted...
Vita has sold more than PSP did in the same time period. It is doing JUST fine. Nobody should expect a premium product like Vita to outsell a mass-consumer product like 3DS. Unlike 3DS, Vita is not really aimed at kids and tweens. It is more for adults.

Exactly. I don't understand why people think the 3DS is a "kiddie" system. Tekken, Resident Evil, Street Fighter, Dead or Alive, and Metal Gear Solid are definitely not kid games IMO.

What does 3DS do well? What does Vita do well? The existence of M rated games on a platform does not mean it will appeal to adults. Also I was generalizing. There will be exceptions both ways. But it seems pretty obvious 3DS and Vita skew towards different age groups: 3DS younger, Vita older. Think about it, parents will usually buy the cheaper toy for their kids, especially if they are young. Vita is for the guy with a job who buys it for himself.
#24cjs177Posted 12/31/2011 5:11:11 PM

Jarinmack posted...
Natureboy99 posted...

Exactly. I don't understand why people think the 3DS is a "kiddie" system. Tekken, Resident Evil, Street Fighter, Dead or Alive, and Metal Gear Solid are definitely not kid games IMO.

What does 3DS do well? What does Vita do well? The existence of M rated games on a platform does not mean it will appeal to adults. Also I was generalizing. There will be exceptions both ways. But it seems pretty obvious 3DS and Vita skew towards different age groups: 3DS younger, Vita older. Think about it, parents will usually buy the cheaper toy for their kids, especially if they are young. Vita is for the guy with a job who buys it for himself.

technically wouldn't the 3DS appeal to both of those groups while the Vita only appeals to the latter one going by your reasoning

I can see why parents would buy the 3DS over the Vita but people saying that adults don't play the 3DS are just assuming that the games don't appeal to older people
---
Pokemon White FC: 3825 8419 4405
#25Megaman OmegaPosted 12/31/2011 5:54:14 PM

But it seems pretty obvious 3DS and Vita skew towards different age groups: 3DS younger, Vita older.

That's what people said about the DS and the PSP, and then this happened:

http://www.gonintendo.com/wp-content/photos/release1.jpg
---
3D screens.. how do they work? are they similar to magnets? PS: Please no replies from scientists.. you're always lyin, and gettin me pissed.
~ Mario64DStyle
#26kukingina2Posted 12/31/2011 6:22:20 PM
"The Vita didn't flopped"

you're right... its still flopping
---
3ds fc: 4940-5506-2047
#27KyuubiChrisPosted 12/31/2011 6:47:35 PM

Arevin posted...
They blew their wallets because they didn't want the Vita? Flop confirmed
---
i5-2500k OC 4.5GHz@1.22v || Asus P8Z68-V Pro/Gen3 || Corsair Vengeance 8GB || MSI GTX 580 Lightning || 1050W || HAF X || Hyper 212+ || 1920x1080

Considering Monster Hunter 3G came out a few days before the Vita, of course they wouldn't have enough money to buy a handheld that mostly has games that would appeal to the West. If Vita had MH, it'd sell like hotcakes.

#28cjs177Posted 12/31/2011 6:54:06 PM

Arevin posted...

They blew their wallets because they didn't want the Vita? Flop confirmed
---
i5-2500k OC 4.5GHz@1.22v || Asus P8Z68-V Pro/Gen3 || Corsair Vengeance 8GB || MSI GTX 580 Lightning || 1050W || HAF X || Hyper 212+ || 1920x1080

Considering Monster Hunter 3G came out a few days before the Vita, of course they wouldn't have enough money to buy a handheld that mostly has games that would appeal to the West. If Vita had MH, it'd sell like hotcakes.

The Mario games had a lot to do with it too judging by how strong they are selling(Mario is actually on pace to become the best selling 3D mario game)
---
Pokemon White FC: 3825 8419 4405