How's the dpad?

#1gldooriiPosted 12/30/2011 9:50:08 AM
It looks a little small compared to the PSP, but to those that have it...how is it? Any issues with games such as Blazblue & MvC? I ask because the dpad on the 3DS was one of the main reasons I sold mine. It was tiny, but it just felt so cheap and spongy. I don't mind a small dpad as long as it works fine for fighters...because I refuse to play MvC etc with an analog stick.
---
What's the difference between vertical and horizontal shooters? - NeoNujevad
#2bluehat94Posted 12/30/2011 9:57:39 AM(edited)
well i dont have it yet, but from the previews ive read its supposed to be one of the best d-pads ever put on a handheld, plus, its sony, you should expect nothing less than a fantastic d-pad from them
---
"When these hands are crushing your throat, your dying breath won't be an appeal to god, it'll be, thank you Killbane"- Killbane
#3Natureboy99Posted 12/30/2011 9:55:42 AM
bluehat94 posted...
well i dont have it yet, but from the previews ive read its supposed to be one of the best d-pads ever put on a handheld

I have read the same. They like it more than the PSP pad.
#4geministarPosted 12/30/2011 10:03:16 AM
Its smaller than the psp dpad. But its very responsive and a joy to use.
---
Playstation Network ID: Mikonou - Wii no. : 1396-9634-6023-0694
Currently Playing: SO4 Intl', senjyou no valkyria 2, Ar tonelico 3, EoE, Heavy Rain
#5KonekoKaemonPosted 12/30/2011 10:06:11 AM
Its much easier to use than the PSP's Dpad.

You can feel it very solidly click down when you press it, which I Find to be very nice.
---
XBL/Steam/PSN: KeiKaemon
~Currently playing~ My PS Vita
#6IrishSJ23Posted 12/30/2011 10:06:56 AM

Does the left analog stick ever get in the way? I am getting Blazblue and probably UMVC3 later on and really hope the DPad is solid.

#7corbie33(VIP)Posted 12/31/2011 4:04:51 AM
I absolutely LOVE the new d-pad on the Vita. I've found it extremely good for Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3. Has a nice feel to it and rolls around nicely. I'm glad they tweaked it for the Vita.
---
Downloads Editor - Nintendo Life
http://www.nintendolife.com
#8SkittyOnWailordPosted 12/31/2011 4:37:52 AM
The D-pad is really great this time around. I mainly play fighting games on consoles (with a joystick) and I can actually pull off alot of combos in UMvC3 on the Vita since I got it a few days ago. I can definitely say the Vita has my favorite D-pad ever, even over the PS3's one.
---
I'm here! I'm furry! I'll try not to shed! =^_^=