How's the dpad?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. How's the dpad?

User Info: gldoorii

gldoorii
4 years ago#1
It looks a little small compared to the PSP, but to those that have it...how is it? Any issues with games such as Blazblue & MvC? I ask because the dpad on the 3DS was one of the main reasons I sold mine. It was tiny, but it just felt so cheap and spongy. I don't mind a small dpad as long as it works fine for fighters...because I refuse to play MvC etc with an analog stick.
What's the difference between vertical and horizontal shooters? - NeoNujevad

User Info: bluehat94

bluehat94
4 years ago#2
well i dont have it yet, but from the previews ive read its supposed to be one of the best d-pads ever put on a handheld, plus, its sony, you should expect nothing less than a fantastic d-pad from them
"When these hands are crushing your throat, your dying breath won't be an appeal to god, it'll be, thank you Killbane"- Killbane

User Info: Natureboy99

Natureboy99
4 years ago#3
bluehat94 posted...
well i dont have it yet, but from the previews ive read its supposed to be one of the best d-pads ever put on a handheld

I have read the same. They like it more than the PSP pad.

User Info: geministar

geministar
4 years ago#4
Its smaller than the psp dpad. But its very responsive and a joy to use.
Playstation Network ID: Mikonou - Wii no. : 1396-9634-6023-0694
Currently Playing: SO4 Intl', senjyou no valkyria 2, Ar tonelico 3, EoE, Heavy Rain

User Info: KonekoKaemon

KonekoKaemon
4 years ago#5
Its much easier to use than the PSP's Dpad.

You can feel it very solidly click down when you press it, which I Find to be very nice.
XBL/Steam/PSN: KeiKaemon
~Currently playing~ My PS Vita

User Info: IrishSJ23

IrishSJ23
4 years ago#6

Does the left analog stick ever get in the way? I am getting Blazblue and probably UMVC3 later on and really hope the DPad is solid.

User Info: corbie33

corbie33
4 years ago#7
I absolutely LOVE the new d-pad on the Vita. I've found it extremely good for Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3. Has a nice feel to it and rolls around nicely. I'm glad they tweaked it for the Vita.
Downloads Editor - Nintendo Life
http://www.nintendolife.com

User Info: SkittyOnWailord

SkittyOnWailord
4 years ago#8
The D-pad is really great this time around. I mainly play fighting games on consoles (with a joystick) and I can actually pull off alot of combos in UMvC3 on the Vita since I got it a few days ago. I can definitely say the Vita has my favorite D-pad ever, even over the PS3's one.
I'm here! I'm furry! I'll try not to shed! =^_^=
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. How's the dpad?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived