Yeah, I think I am going to wait on buying the Vita

#113nenZgumiPosted 12/30/2011 12:51:25 PM
Poor saps makes me lol. I too will hold off until gravity rush or persona is released, but vita won't get a price drop anytime soon. It's impossible to please cheapskates. At first you guys were acting astonished on vita's announced price, stating how 'affordable' it was, and now this. Just wait about 2 years for a second gen then buy the 1st gen console. It'll reach your desired price then.
#12stea16hPosted 12/30/2011 1:24:43 PM
I too was seriously considering buying this. But alas the sales flop indicates a price drop, which I'm happy to wait for.

The only game I had any interest in (uncharted) has had bad previews/reviews - tacked on gimmicky touch controls.
---
3DS Friend Code: 0473-7764-4664
#13QlJGamerPosted 12/30/2011 2:03:22 PM
Sailor Goon posted...
I love how the trolls keep falling back on Japan's sales as if they actually matter. Japan's gaming market is drastically different than our own. The 360 and PS3 are failures there...oh hey, look at that, they're successful here.
Here's a hint for all these trolls bombarding the forums.....wait until it actually gets released world wide.

Considering that the PSP sold the better in Japan than anywhere else. The sales from Japan are important.
---
I told you "15 minutes ago" I would be ready in 15 minutes
#14LHS_2012Posted 12/30/2011 2:27:19 PM
Sailor Goon posted...
I love how the trolls keep falling back on Japan's sales as if they actually matter. Japan's gaming market is drastically different than our own. The 360 and PS3 are failures there...oh hey, look at that, they're successful here.
Here's a hint for all these trolls bombarding the forums.....wait until it actually gets released world wide.

Since when was the PS3 a failure in Japan? It's pretty much been running neck and neck with the Wii since last year over there, while the 360 has already been discontinued.

Why Japan is especially important to the Vita is because Japan held up the PSP while it was on life support in gaming's largest market. The PSP was not just a good selling console in Japan, it was a success. One thing some critics said of the 3DS's launch was that it was expected to have stronger sales after following the success of the DS. The Vita too followed a success, at least in Japan, and if it's having these kind of sales in its strongest market that's a cause for worry.
---
And you definitely won't be laughing September 13 when they cancel the 3DS. ~thundercat2600, Aug 24, 2011
#15cjs177Posted 12/30/2011 2:31:22 PM

Since when was the PS3 a failure in Japan? It's pretty much been running neck and neck with the Wii since last year over there, while the 360 has already been discontinued.

From a business standpoint the PS3 wasn't too good due to how much money Sony lost on it but its selling really well

also, all of the PSP's popular/good software for the most part came from japanese developers so I'd say that the japanese market is very important
---
Pokemon White FC: 3825 8419 4405
#16CompassPosted 12/30/2011 2:52:15 PM
3nenZgumi posted...
It's impossible to please cheapskates. At first you guys were acting astonished on vita's announced price, stating how 'affordable' it was, and now this.

Well, that was before all of Sony's hidden costs (which I predicted by the way). The system really isn't $250 at all.

LHS_2012 posted...
Since when was the PS3 a failure in Japan?

Since it suits this particular round of damage control? Duh.
#17Sailor GoonPosted 12/30/2011 2:55:03 PM
Well, that was before all of Sony's hidden costs (which I predicted by the way). The system really isn't $250 at all.

Hidden costs? Knowing you, you consider games to be 'hidden costs'
---
As told to me by Gamefaqs admin: They hire 17 year olds as moderators!
XBL: DanGogh78, PSN: DanGogh
#18DucePosted 12/30/2011 3:01:41 PM
Also canceled my preorder my confidence in Sony is shaken seriously why the **** did they not launch this holiday season in NA? WTF Sony how can you be so stupid and defer to your competitor AGAIN!? You gave 360 a year head start and you do the same crap again who the hell is making these bonehead decisions
#19MoegittoPosted 12/30/2011 4:01:40 PM
Sony is supposed to be having a conference in Las Vegas soon, and the Vita was one of the main talking points. I'm getting one, if they drop the price good for them, if not I don't care. I'm getting the wifi version anyway, no point in paying $300 for something I wont use and paying $350 for something I wont use and a tech demo game. Buying the wifi version will allow me to get a decent memory card and a good game for the same price as that early edition bundle.
---
PS3: TheTrueMoegitto
PS3, iPhone 4S, PC
#20icewolf74(Topic Creator)Posted 12/30/2011 5:28:06 PM

Poor saps makes me lol. I too will hold off until gravity rush or persona is released, but vita won't get a price drop anytime soon. It's impossible to please cheapskates. At first you guys were acting astonished on vita's announced price, stating how 'affordable' it was, and now this. Just wait about 2 years for a second gen then buy the 1st gen console. It'll reach your desired price then.

I actually have no problem with the $250 dollar price tag. I just don't want to spend it and waste the money if the system is going to fail. That's what you are for: a guinea pig to see how this thing does to warrant me to purchase one or not. :D
---
R.I.P GameFAQs 1995-2005.