Fantastic battery fix idea!

#1Jonwh18Posted 12/30/2011 4:49:59 PM

So i was helping my dad the other day cuz im home for winter break and he was listening to NPR which is this stupid Talk radio markets station. Anyway they always interview these scientist people on the station and this lady was taking about expiremental tech that would give smart phones a virtually endless battery supply. The concept is that the touch screen somehow uses the pressure/motion from your fingers and uses it to charge the phones battery. ANyway its still experiemental but wouldn't that be awesome in the 3DS/Vita! not sure how it would work in the vita because Im not sure how much ill really use touch in Sony's games since the main daw for me there are the dual sticks not the touch screen..... anyway discuss!

#2ruiner1349Posted 12/30/2011 5:20:19 PM
Jonwh18 posted...
So i was helping my dad the other day cuz im home for winter break and he was listening to NPR which is this stupid Talk radio markets station. Anyway they always interview these scientist people on the station and this lady was taking about expiremental tech that would give smart phones a virtually endless battery supply. The concept is that the touch screen somehow uses the pressure/motion from your fingers and uses it to charge the phones battery. ANyway its still experiemental but wouldn't that be awesome in the 3DS/Vita! not sure how it would work in the vita because Im not sure how much ill really use touch in Sony's games since the main daw for me there are the dual sticks not the touch screen..... anyway discuss!

Well what if they use the energy generating concept and also applied them to the dual sticks.

I wonder how truly far off this sort of tech is, it sounds like it will take a long time but then again....
---
Der tanzdiktator will euch tanzen seh'n
ergebt euch dem Rythmus
#3elheberPosted 12/30/2011 5:22:28 PM
I wish to control my games via handcrank. Get on that, Sony.
---
"A closet intellectual, he acts dumb to impress women."
NERD (NDF Equilibrium Reestablishment Division) Head
#4SnoopydancePosted 12/30/2011 5:38:09 PM
NPR is not stupid. Anyway, that sounds pretty far fetched considering how little energy is used when pressing a touch screen. You'd have to punch a vita in the screen for days to charge it's battery fully even at 100% efficiency
---

#5KinoPosted 12/30/2011 6:05:30 PM
It's not like you can just add that feature with a firmware update. So no, it's not a fix.