Anyone else excited over the PS1 emulator for Vita?

#1Garfield64Posted 12/31/2011 2:48:11 AM
I mean some how the thing makes PSP games look BETTER then they do on the PSP. I mean a lot better to (plus being able to map keys to second analog = insane nice, plus the keyboard chat and voice chat being added to online PSP games).

Obviously this is not going to be your "average" run of the mill emulator or they would of just used the one they created on the PSP.

Wouldn't it be sweet as hell if they use HQx filters and possibly add online support via in game "multiplayer" option in games (something that could be easily done being Vita can run multiple programs simultaneously.)

I know I'm hoping but they did it back with SNES and SEGA in the day and they still do it with Illegal emulators and roms. SO why can't Sony do it?

Anyways they are obviously doing something special with the PS1 emulator or it would be out by now ^_^.
---
~__~ zZZzZzZZZzZZZzzZZzzZzZzZZZzZZZzZzz
#2TranslatorTomPosted 12/31/2011 2:52:06 AM
Yeah, it will be especially nice in that some previously PS3 exclusive PS1 titles like Ape Escape should be playable on the Vita once they release it. That on top of the fact that the games will look fantastic.
#3Garfield64(Topic Creator)Posted 12/31/2011 2:55:32 AM
TranslatorTom posted...
Yeah, it will be especially nice in that some previously PS3 exclusive PS1 titles like Ape Escape should be playable on the Vita once they release it. That on top of the fact that the games will look fantastic.

hehe ^_^ Ape Escape kicks so much ass =).

The new move ape escape version disappointed me SOOOOOOOOOOOOO much. They should of just made the game like the old one just with using the move instead of a right analog stick.
Who ever decided to make it a rail shooter was stupid.
---
#4dedrick123Posted 12/31/2011 2:57:59 AM
Wait, didn't the psp already supported ps1 games? Why a big surprise that psp vita could do the same. Or am I missing something.
#5Garfield64(Topic Creator)Posted 12/31/2011 3:00:25 AM(edited)
dedrick123 posted...
Wait, didn't the psp already supported ps1 games? Why a big surprise that psp vita could do the same. Or am I missing something.

The PS Vita CAN NOT emulate PS1 games right now. That is the point.

Sony is working on a advanced Emulator for it.

That's the point. They did not ship it with the standard crappy one the PSP had.

Also the Emulation job they did for PSP games is amazing.

WAY better graphics, keyboard and voice chat support in online games, the ability to remap keys anywhere especially to the new analog stick.
---
#6Xinck1990Posted 12/31/2011 7:26:13 AM
But is it going to cost anything to download this emulator...?
#7Starwars4JPosted 12/31/2011 8:50:41 AM
Garfeild64 posted...
WAY better graphics, keyboard and voice chat support in online games, the ability to remap keys anywhere especially to the new analog stick.

The graphics aren't "way better", it just looks nicer on the Vita's screen.

Xinck1990 posted...
But is it going to cost anything to download this emulator...?

I severely doubt it, I'm sure Sony will include it for free in a firmware update.
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade
#8bluehat94Posted 12/31/2011 8:53:45 AM
\could you give me a link? id like to read it
---
"When these hands are crushing your throat, your dying breath won't be an appeal to god, it'll be, thank you Killbane"- Killbane
#9ShiniakWarriorPosted 12/31/2011 9:11:29 AM
I would be much happier if they were to create a cross compatible ps2/ps1 emulator
---
X.B.L GamerTag: Shiniak Warrior
#10Xinck1990Posted 12/31/2011 9:41:48 AM
^
This.