Monster Hunter Portable 4th G: Coming to Vita 2013 (not really)

#1HermanTuttlePosted 1/4/2012 11:01:13 PM(edited)
You know it'll happen, though.

Nintendo's bribery-induced chokehold on the franchise can only last so long. There's already been rumors on Japanese news sites about a 2013 Vita MH release. In Japan, MH has become inextricably associated with Sony's PSP platform, and MH games on other platforms have consistently failed to match the recognition and hype generated by the Portable series.

Portable 2nd G was the best-selling PSP game EVER, even when taking global software sales into account. Neither Capcom nor Sony want to neglect this. It's just because of the pile of cash that Nintendo shoved in Capcom's face that they have to for now. So I implore the whiners and the doomsayers to wait a year or two, after the original version of MH4 has run its course and the inevitable upgrade is being readied.

Of course, there's also the issue of the series ever making it to the West again, which probably won't happen. It's the domain of importers now.
#2KGTriggerPosted 1/4/2012 11:03:56 PM
I would honestly prefer a Phantasy Star game. Hey, there's already one announced, isn't there!
---
PSN: PewPewPew809
3DS FC: 0344-9295-6089 - Joben
#3cjs177Posted 1/4/2012 11:17:25 PM(edited)
You're forgetting the fact that Freedom Unite came out four years into the PSP's life meaning that Capcom wouldn't be able to match those sales on either device. When compared to the other MH games that came out earlier the new one is progressing pretty well so while it probably will come to the Vita eventually its not going to be from a lack of sales.

also, judging from what I know about the rumor I wouldn't get my hopes up.

I would honestly prefer a Phantasy Star game. Hey, there's already one announced, isn't there!

I'm pretty sure there isn't unless you count phantasy star online 2 which is coming to the PC

there was a rumor about a game coming to the Vita but there is no evidence really supporting whether its coming to the Vita
---
Pokemon White FC: 3825 8419 4405
#4Natureboy99Posted 1/4/2012 11:31:08 PM
Actually the rumors say this year
#5ikaruga0101Posted 1/5/2012 5:10:27 PM
Me too. But unfortunately it's not officially announced.
#6Riyo_chanPosted 1/5/2012 5:14:52 PM
Nikkei Trendy is the source of the rumours, they claim there's a MH for Vita in second half of 2012....of course it could just be another P3rd port or they could be wrong

And there's not an OFFICIAL PSVita Phantasy Star....there were rumours a so called Phantasy Star Victory a while back though
---
The life of a samurai is like the cherry blossom, beautiful but brief
Official Brakidios of MH3G Board
#7KGTriggerPosted 1/5/2012 5:19:05 PM

Me too. But unfortunately it's not officially announced.

Aw. That was also meant to be a question mark, not an exclamation point.
---
PSN: PewPewPew809
3DS FC: 0344-9295-6089 - Joben