Can i tether a 3G Iphone to a wifi vita?

#1stevethericanPosted 1/6/2012 4:08:29 PM
And use my iphone as a hub to give my vita wifi? Its a 3gs with latest ios, thanks
---
Now Playing: Sonic Generations, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 (PS3 Allday Everyday)
#2EnclavePosted 1/6/2012 4:09:45 PM
Can your iPhone create a wireless hotspot? If so, I don't see why not.
---
The commercial says that Church isn't for perfect people, I guess that's why I'm an Atheist.
#3stevetherican(Topic Creator)Posted 1/6/2012 4:45:12 PM
Any iphone users out here? I surprisingly dont know the answer to that
---
Now Playing: Sonic Generations, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 (PS3 Allday Everyday)
#4EnclavePosted 1/6/2012 4:59:01 PM
You probably can make a wireless hotspot, I just don't know if all models of iPhone can do it and you never did actually mention what model of iPhone you have.
---
The commercial says that Church isn't for perfect people, I guess that's why I'm an Atheist.
#5JablesXPosted 1/6/2012 5:08:20 PM

You probably can make a wireless hotspot, I just don't know if all models of iPhone can do it and you never did actually mention what model of iPhone you have.

He said it was a 3GS
---
If you can type, then I assume you have the ability to think
Official Starmie of the B/W Clan
#6EnclavePosted 1/6/2012 5:15:31 PM(edited)
My bad, in that case no. Doing a quick google search that anybody should be capable of doing I found out that you need an iPhone 4 or higher to do wifi tethering. Should have gone Android I guess, many more Android phones support creating a wifi hotspot than iPhones it would seem.

Though, you could potentially jailbreak your iPhone. I know even the iPhone 3G can create a wifi hotspot if it's jailbroken and you get an app that will create one.
---
#7saitou1024Posted 1/6/2012 5:29:05 PM
...muh? My 3GS can make hotspots.
---
Microsoft, I'm begging you, double the cost of Live and PLASTER it with ads so I never have to run the risk of playing games with these people. - RockguyKev
#8wintersinaPosted 1/6/2012 5:30:27 PM
iphone = crap,

my android can do that, thats why i am getting the wifi version.
---
PSN : WinterSina
Favorite word : Serendipity.
#9stevetherican(Topic Creator)Posted 1/6/2012 5:36:23 PM
saitou1024 posted...
...muh? My 3GS can make hotspots.

Can u explain how? The answer to this really decides which vita model i reserve
---
#10stevetherican(Topic Creator)Posted 1/6/2012 5:38:57 PM
wintersina posted...
iphone = crap,

my android can do that, thats why i am getting the wifi version.

Not trying to turn this into another android vs iphone battle lol...the main reason why i grabbed an iphone anyways was because of the price. I got the 3gs in june 2010 for $99 and a 2yr contract where android phones were running me $150+
---