Can i tether a 3G Iphone to a wifi vita?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. Can i tether a 3G Iphone to a wifi vita?

User Info: stevetherican

stevetherican
4 years ago#1
And use my iphone as a hub to give my vita wifi? Its a 3gs with latest ios, thanks
Now Playing: Sonic Generations, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 (PS3 Allday Everyday)

User Info: Enclave

Enclave
4 years ago#2
Can your iPhone create a wireless hotspot? If so, I don't see why not.
The commercial says that Church isn't for perfect people, I guess that's why I'm an Atheist.

stevetherican
4 years ago#3
Any iphone users out here? I surprisingly dont know the answer to that
Now Playing: Sonic Generations, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 (PS3 Allday Everyday)

Enclave
4 years ago#4
You probably can make a wireless hotspot, I just don't know if all models of iPhone can do it and you never did actually mention what model of iPhone you have.
The commercial says that Church isn't for perfect people, I guess that's why I'm an Atheist.

User Info: JablesX

JablesX
4 years ago#5

You probably can make a wireless hotspot, I just don't know if all models of iPhone can do it and you never did actually mention what model of iPhone you have.

He said it was a 3GS
If you can type, then I assume you have the ability to think
Official Starmie of the B/W Clan

Enclave
4 years ago#6
My bad, in that case no. Doing a quick google search that anybody should be capable of doing I found out that you need an iPhone 4 or higher to do wifi tethering. Should have gone Android I guess, many more Android phones support creating a wifi hotspot than iPhones it would seem.

Though, you could potentially jailbreak your iPhone. I know even the iPhone 3G can create a wifi hotspot if it's jailbroken and you get an app that will create one.

User Info: saitou1024

saitou1024
4 years ago#7
...muh? My 3GS can make hotspots.
Microsoft, I'm begging you, double the cost of Live and PLASTER it with ads so I never have to run the risk of playing games with these people. - RockguyKev

User Info: wintersina

wintersina
4 years ago#8
iphone = crap,

my android can do that, thats why i am getting the wifi version.
PSN : WinterSina
Favorite word : Serendipity.

stevetherican
4 years ago#9
saitou1024 posted...
...muh? My 3GS can make hotspots.

Can u explain how? The answer to this really decides which vita model i reserve

stevetherican
4 years ago#10
wintersina posted...
iphone = crap,

my android can do that, thats why i am getting the wifi version.

Not trying to turn this into another android vs iphone battle lol...the main reason why i grabbed an iphone anyways was because of the price. I got the 3gs in june 2010 for $99 and a 2yr contract where android phones were running me $150+
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. Can i tether a 3G Iphone to a wifi vita?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived