The Vita has not "failed"

#1nikowwfPosted 1/7/2012 7:04:33 AM
It's funny, this is almost WORD FOR WORD what i wrote once before on the 3DS board. The vita started off slow because of price, and because it's launch titles had no AAA must have games (don't tell me Uncharted, PS3 had an Uncharted 2 months ago). However it did not start off so slow that it would lose support from developers. Chances are the price will go down, the larger titles will start kicking in, and (much like 3DS) it will settle into's it's niche.

Do i expect it to sell as much as 3DS? no. Did PSP sell as much as DS? Did this cause it to be a failure with no good games? Because i missed that.

Vita will be just fine. Those of you who cared more to post on a message board VITA CRUSHED 3DS! may not be happy, but you are borderline retarded to care about that anyway so that is ok. But those of you who got a Vita and expected a steady stream of good games to play, i'm thinking you'll be pretty happy.
#2ouijaouijaPosted 1/7/2012 7:08:21 AM
no one expected it to outsell the 3ds, well not anyone who has any real basic knowledge of the market.

yeah vita sales will hopefully pick up, right now the sales need to stabilise and i really worry about next weeks sales figures
---
5327-1232-8034
#3ThugETHPosted 1/7/2012 7:11:40 AM
Well put TC, least there are a few people on here still that actually have a brain.
The trolls sound like complete and utter morons with their constant 'doomed' and 'fail' sales related threads.
It has been out 3 weeks, come back next year trolls to see the real story.
---
[1:04pm] <R33P3R> how can a game be epic on a phone?
#4BoosenPosted 1/7/2012 7:11:44 AM
As of now, my Vita is just sitting in a box and collecting dust just like my 3DS did when I first got it. BUT actually its a complete different reason. 3DS didn't have any games that was worth getting but Street Fighter (500+ hours into it). Beat Uncharted: GA in 3 days and now attempting 100%. I really want the English games to come out soon. I want to play some UMvC3 already! GRRRRRRRRRRRR
---
3DS FC - 1461 - 6256 - 5395
Psn - Brysen
#5paulinkPosted 1/7/2012 7:12:58 AM
I don't know why but I'm predicting (around e3) that they're going to drop the price of the vita, to pull in that momentum like the 3ds did.
---
"Wow, you must be the pinnacle of human conscience."-CEs_EFG
Official Preacher of the Reggie Coalation Attack Force
#6SnoopydancePosted 1/7/2012 7:17:49 AM
The only thing I'm really worried about is a price drop soon after getting it and that Sony won't be nice enough to do an ambassador type thing, or that if they do I'll already have everything I want
---

#7Hero3zizPosted 1/7/2012 7:24:13 AM
Snoopydance posted...
The only thing I'm really worried about is a price drop soon after getting it and that Sony won't be nice enough to do an ambassador type thing, or that if they do I'll already have everything I want

What games can they give us if they made an ambassador program?! Nintendo gave us very old (NES) and fairly old (GBA) 2D games, so Sony will give us 3D ps1 or psp games? No I don't think so.

As for TC, this is a typical reassurance topic, I still remember this board saying the price of te vita is AMAZING and now you're saying the price is high? Really?!
---
3DS FC: 2535-3675-7160 PSN ID: Elemenalhero
RIP MGS :(
#8nikowwf(Topic Creator)Posted 1/7/2012 9:42:15 AM
I always thought the price was high. I still do. I'm actually probably not going to be able to buy on release right now as i don't have the cash (dog got sick, daughters school went up all at the same time). But i'll have one before year is out i'm sure. But the price is high. If you can afford it, want to get it anyway, that's just totally fine. I paid full price for my DS which i thought was high but i just really wanted it at the time (i'm a DS junkie). If monster hunter or a new VC or something like that was out id be sorely tempted at the vita.

but back to original thought ,the price is high. Especially because with the 3ds the market screamed ITS TOO MUCH MONEY and then Nintendo actually followed through and dropped the price, it creates a problem for Sony launching at the same price.
#9ThugETHPosted 1/7/2012 6:43:05 PM
Snoopydance posted...

The 3DS dropped because the hardware wasn't worth its launch price. The Vita clearly is.
Don't expect a price drop any time soon whether it is selling well or not.
---
[1:04pm] <R33P3R> how can a game be epic on a phone?
#10Omar_Comin_YoPosted 1/7/2012 6:44:48 PM
Yes it has.
---
All in the game, yo