Okay so I'm facing a tough choice here -

#1SweepzzPosted 1/9/2012 6:30:25 AM
3DS or VIta?

I just can't decide!!! I haven't bought either yet because I thought I'd wait and see what's coming out later for both.

I know first world problems and all that jazz, but I really can't decide =\
---
Official Hug Giver of the NDF
Hey! Give me a hug!
#2HiroakiBladePosted 1/9/2012 6:31:29 AM
Wait till the Vita launches and try them both out on the day if your local store has demo models maybe? See which one you enjoy the most.
---
Asus Rampage III, i7 980x, Corsair Dominator 2000mhz, Sli GTX 480
Gamertag: MrDJ08 PSN: xTheDJx
#3BoosenPosted 1/9/2012 6:33:08 AM
Get both. :D
---
3DS FC - 1461 - 6256 - 5395
Psn - Brysen
#4goemon1977Posted 1/9/2012 6:35:08 AM
I have the 3DS, and my Vita is paid off. I waited on 3DS till Mario Kart came out, if there is no game that you "had" to have by now for the 3DS, then maybe give the Vita a try.
---
3DS FC 1289-8546-7083
#5Sweepzz(Topic Creator)Posted 1/9/2012 6:36:59 AM
I think I might wait just a bit longer for both until I start seeing some big announcements.

Nothing really too interesting yet.
---
Official Hug Giver of the NDF
Hey! Give me a hug!
#6FR432Posted 1/9/2012 6:38:43 AM
in terms of hardware, and I'm aware this is blasphemy, but it's more or less a wash. They will both look great when devs start to push them to their limits. For me it came down to games coming out this year. There are three 3DS games I want this year. Just three. For the Vita, however, there's somewhere around 12. I sold my 3DS and preordered a Vita. I'll grab a 3DS again when all the games I want have been released, and there is a redesign.
#7AP3BrainPosted 1/9/2012 6:42:53 AM
Definitely wait. Although I am enjoying my 3DS it still doesn't really have a well established library....unless you live in Japan that is.
#8blunderminePosted 1/9/2012 8:13:08 AM
You might want to wait on both. 3DS is probably getting a redesign in the next year and Vita wont have much in the way of games for a little while yet. Plus there's a decent chance the Vita could get a price drop in the next year (of some sort at least, whether it's in the memory cards or the system itself).
---
So if Nintendo changed the name of the Wii - U, would the be pulling a U-Wii?
#9HueyFremanPosted 1/9/2012 8:15:53 AM
HiroakiBlade posted...
Wait till the Vita launches and try them both out on the day if your local store has demo models maybe? See which one you enjoy the most.

This.

Also, it largely depends on what type of games that you enjoy and whether you need to have certain types of gameplay.

Although I'm getting a Vita, the 3DS is still a good option if either of the following things are important to you
- 3D
- Larger immediate library
- First party Nintendo games
---
We're Americans! We don't quit just because we're wrong. We just keep doin the wrong thing until it turns out right!
- Ed Wuncler
#10mralspspPosted 1/9/2012 8:52:21 AM
I have a 3DS and plan on pre-ordering the Vita on Tuesday. I printed out a coupon from Best Buy that gets me the "week early" bundle and Uncharted thrown in for free!!

The Best Buy pre-order promotion ends on January 12. I don't know about the US, but this is only available for Canadians.
---
--- Vita games - coming soon! 3DS games - 83
Blue 3DS Friends code: (full) Black 3DS Friends code:(Full) Name: Mr. Al2