Remote Play PS3 Games via PSN

#1FLYLIFEPosted 1/9/2012 11:35:57 AM

Hey guys,

I haven't really had much of an interest in the Vita until recently, when I heard something about the ability to be able to play my PS3 games remotely through the PSN.. this feature got me very interested!  So I'm wondering if someone can clarify how this works.

- Will I be able to play any PS3 game I own on the Vita through remote play?

- Will I be able to play PS3 games via Wi-Fi at work on the Vita using remote play on my PS3 at home?

Answers to these questions would be greatly appreciated!!!  Thanks!

#2dart246Posted 1/9/2012 11:41:03 AM
- Will I be able to play any PS3 game I own on the Vita through remote play?

No, currently only KZ3 is supported, but expected patches to rectify this issues (ala 3D)

- Will I be able to play PS3 games via Wi-Fi at work on the Vita using remote play on my PS3 at home?

Yes, you can connect to a Wifi and play your PS3 that's at home.
---
PSN: VisperCon
#3MicroByterPosted 1/9/2012 11:51:59 AM
I don't think Killzone supports it yet either. I've seen YT video of it being played at conferences, but it seems that it's not enabled for those that own the game and try to launch it at home.

At this point, it seems as though only content that can be Remote Played from the PSP are compatible. I remember trying it a while back and could only get Lair and Bionic Commando to play, which seems to fall in line with some of the video's I've seen.

I'm speculating that after the US/European launch an update will incorporate changes to allow Remote Play with PS3 games. I would love for it to be compatible with all PS3 titles, but it's still up in the air as to what really will work.

I think it's best to wait and follow Vita news to see how this pans out if this is truly a feature that you consider a priority.
---
3DS FC 0903-2783-8206
#4crawdadPosted 1/9/2012 11:56:42 AM
dart246 posted...
- - Will I be able to play PS3 games via Wi-Fi at work on the Vita using remote play on my PS3 at home?

Yes, you can connect to a Wifi and play your PS3 that's at home.

I think they meant that it works over WiFi in the home. If you've done any style of remote control over wifi away from the actual home then you'd know this wouldn;t work properly, at the least to play games.
---
i7 920 @ 2.67GHz | 5770 HD 1GB | 6GBDDR3 o' RAM@ 1333hz | Dell UltraSharp U2410 24-inch | lol the most expensive part of my computer.
#5bluehat94Posted 1/9/2012 11:58:37 AM
i doubt you will be able to play very many games at launch, the the number will most definitely increase since remote play is a selling point
---
"When these hands are crushing your throat, your dying breath won't be an appeal to god, it'll be, thank you Killbane"- Killbane
#6MicroByterPosted 1/9/2012 12:02:18 PM
I agree bluehat94. I would love to be able to play my PS3 games while sitting on the couch since TV time is few and far between. This was a big selling point for me when they demonstrated the Wii U capabilities and was thrilled to see it coming to the Vita.

Heck, I was so excited at the prospect of Onlive coming to my iOS devices and still am. But it would be better to be able to play any PS3 game I own on a whim.
---
3DS FC 0903-2783-8206
#7FLYLIFE(Topic Creator)Posted 1/9/2012 12:05:08 PM

Hmmm.. after reading your responses, I think I'll hold off and see how things play out after launch.  I can't really justify spending $40 on portable games when I can play great games on my iPad for $1-$5.  Playing all of my PS3 titles at work is a whole other story, as I would LOVE to be able to do that!

#8MicroByterPosted 1/9/2012 12:07:41 PM
FLYLIFE posted...
Hmmm.. after reading your responses, I think I'll hold off and see how things play out after launch. I can't really justify spending $40 on portable games when I can play great games on my iPad for $1-$5. Playing all of my PS3 titles at work is a whole other story, as I would LOVE to be able to do that!

Sounds like a good plan, just keep checking.

Speaking of iPad, just curious if you've been following the Onlive news that's come about recently, you might check into that if you want console quality games. You'll have to wait since the App isn't in the store yet though.
---
3DS FC 0903-2783-8206
#9bluehat94Posted 1/9/2012 12:09:07 PM
MicroByter posted...
FLYLIFE posted...
Hmmm.. after reading your responses, I think I'll hold off and see how things play out after launch. I can't really justify spending $40 on portable games when I can play great games on my iPad for $1-$5. Playing all of my PS3 titles at work is a whole other story, as I would LOVE to be able to do that!

Speaking of iPad, just curious if you've been following the Onlive news that's come about recently, you might check into that if you want console quality games. You'll have to wait since the App isn't in the store yet though.

well from what ive read about it, theyre currently selling a controller for $50 but its currently only supported by two games, so you may want to wait on that one
---
"When these hands are crushing your throat, your dying breath won't be an appeal to god, it'll be, thank you Killbane"- Killbane
#10MicroByterPosted 1/9/2012 12:12:31 PM
bluehat94 posted...
MicroByter posted...
FLYLIFE posted...

well from what ive read about it, theyre currently selling a controller for $50 but its currently only supported by two games, so you may want to wait on that one

I think you're thinking about the 60beat's controller that was recently announced, it supports 2 games and plugs in through the iOS earphone jack:

http://www.60beat.com/category_s/73.htm

The Onlive controller is also $50, but is made to work with all of the games the Onlive service offers, plus works on other devices as well (PC, Android, etc).
---
3DS FC 0903-2783-8206