Remote Play PS3 Games via PSN

#11FLYLIFE(Topic Creator)Posted 1/9/2012 11:17:41 AM

Haven't looked into the OnLive app.. that would be sweet!  Any news on a release for the app?

#12bluehat94Posted 1/9/2012 11:18:13 AM
MicroByter posted...
bluehat94 posted...
MicroByter posted...
FLYLIFE posted...
Hmmm.. after reading your responses, I think I'll hold off and see how things play out after launch. I can't really justify spending $40 on portable games when I can play great games on my iPad for $1-$5. Playing all of my PS3 titles at work is a whole other story, as I would LOVE to be able to do that!

Sounds like a good plan, just keep checking.

Speaking of iPad, just curious if you've been following the Onlive news that's come about recently, you might check into that if you want console quality games. You'll have to wait since the App isn't in the store yet though.

well from what ive read about it, theyre currently selling a controller for $50 but its currently only supported by two games, so you may want to wait on that one

I think you're thinking about the 60beat's controller that was recently announced, it supports 2 games and plugs in through the iOS earphone jack:

http://www.60beat.com/category_s/73.htm

The Onlive controller is also $50, but is made to work with all of the games the Onlive service offers, plus works on other devices as well (PC, Android, etc).

yeah, thats what i was thinking of, i hope the onlive app gets approved for iOS, since like three competing tablets already support it it would be dumb not to
---
"When these hands are crushing your throat, your dying breath won't be an appeal to god, it'll be, thank you Killbane"- Killbane
#13FLYLIFE(Topic Creator)Posted 1/9/2012 11:22:10 AM

Just read this article about the OnLive app com,ing to iPad:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-12-08-onlive-cant-predict-when-ipad-app-will-launch

Apple being greedy as usual

#14MicroByterPosted 1/9/2012 11:25:25 AM
FLYLIFE posted...
Haven't looked into the OnLive app.. that would be sweet! Any news on a release for the app?

Unfortunately not. I've been following the App since the announced it. There was hope it would be out in early December since it was announced for both Android and iOS, but as of this date, only the Android version is available.

From what I've read, the iOS version was submitted and is waiting for approval. The great thing is that you can even use on screen touch controls for some games and not have to purchase the controller at all. It would be the equivelent of using touch controls for some Gameloft or other console like games.

If you have an iPad, check out the Onlive Viewer that currently free. It doesn't allow you to play games, but at least you can take a look at some games that other people are playing. Keep in mind, the quaility of the viewer is not the same as what the Onlive App will look like. The new App is supposed to look better.
---
3DS FC 0903-2783-8206
#15FLYLIFE(Topic Creator)Posted 1/9/2012 11:32:26 AM

Yeah I just started checking out the games on the OnLive site.. it looks pretty sweet!  I would pay $9.99/month for unlimited use of all the games.  As for the tough screen games.. it looks like only a few games have this implemented and it's basically old sega games etc