Official Vita 3G Pricing

#11justchill433Posted 1/9/2012 12:56:40 PM(edited)
I look like an idiot. Well I might just end up switching to Sprint after my unlimited data contract with Verizon expires in about a year. How is Sprint's service? I know they have come a long way from what they used to be (when I had them).
---
PSN: s1l3nt_x_cha0s GT: xziT4L3NTZx
*slips of cliff*
#12danielmaynardPosted 1/9/2012 12:58:13 PM
Vademon86 posted...
Sup3r8 posted...
Sprint has the iPhone 4 and 4S and they still kept their unlimited data package

The only problem with Sprint is you get charged to call landlines. Otherwise it's a good package.

I have unlimited calls (landines included), text, and data plus unlimited free roaming for $80 a month and had my wife added on for an additional $10. $90 for two lines with unlimited everything isn't bad at all. Also get 10% off. Total bill with all the crap taxes added in is $89.
#13danielmaynardPosted 1/9/2012 1:00:33 PM
justchill433 posted...
I look like an idiot. Well I might just end up switching to Sprint after my unlimited data contract with Verizon expires in about a year. How is Sprint's service? I know they have come a long way from what they used to be (when I had them).

I live on the west coast and have driven from Mexico to Canada without an interruption in service. Also with my plan roaming data or calls are no extra charge, which makes the coverage pretty darn good.
#14justchill433Posted 1/9/2012 1:01:55 PM
As long as they don't move to data caps then I will be signing up with them I guess.
---
PSN: s1l3nt_x_cha0s GT: xziT4L3NTZx
*slips of cliff*
#15danielmaynardPosted 1/9/2012 1:04:21 PM
justchill433 posted...
As long as they don't move to data caps then I will be signing up with them I guess.

I don't see them putting data caps on anytime soon. Unlimited everything is their selling point.
#16ChojinXPosted 1/9/2012 1:21:53 PM
justchill433 posted...

You keep your unlimited data package. You get grandfathered in when you renew your contract , I think it applies still if you upgrade to 4G LTE also.
---
Preordered: PS Vita First Edition Bundle, Hot Shots Golf, Modnation Racers
-Not changing this until Square Enix makes another Tobal
#17Dr_Koopa76Posted 1/9/2012 1:36:04 PM
More info regarding Global Data Connect plans (whatever those are)

The Global Data Connect plans will be made available to PS Vita customers at the time of Launch. You must purchase a Service Plan and be currently active on it to qualify to purchase a Global Data Connect plan. Global Data Connect plans do not count towards the payment of Session-Based Payments which are as follows:

$24.99 for an extra 20MB in over 100 select countries*
$59.99 for an extra 50MB in over 100 select countries*
$119.99 for an extra 100MB in over 100 select countries*
$199.99 for an extra 200MB in over 100 select countries*

*Countries in the Global Data Connect plans may change at AT&Tís discretion.

---
3DS FC: 1203-9216-5732
http://i45.tinypic.com/2pyunmd.jpg
#18Vademon86Posted 1/9/2012 1:41:12 PM
Dr_Koopa76 posted...
More info regarding Global Data Connect plans (whatever those are)

The Global Data Connect plans will be made available to PS Vita customers at the time of Launch. You must purchase a Service Plan and be currently active on it to qualify to purchase a Global Data Connect plan. Global Data Connect plans do not count towards the payment of Session-Based Payments which are as follows:

$24.99 for an extra 20MB in over 100 select countries*
$59.99 for an extra 50MB in over 100 select countries*
$119.99 for an extra 100MB in over 100 select countries*
$199.99 for an extra 200MB in over 100 select countries*

*Countries in the Global Data Connect plans may change at AT&Tís discretion.

I think those are for if you want to use your Vita's 3G in other countries. I'm not worried about that since I don't plan on bringing it to other countries.
---
316 + 8 = 322 - Solid Snake11387 Broncos/Saints/49ers
Vermin Supreme: Change that matters. http://imgur.com/ojBaa.jpg
#19JacknicklsonPosted 1/9/2012 1:43:28 PM
crawdad posted...
GamFreak146 posted...
As per Playstation Twitter: "CES update: @ATT announces wireless data plans for 3G/WiFi PS Vita: $14.99 for 250MB, $25 for 2GB -- no contracts"

Anyone know if this is waived with existing customers of ATT with existing Data plans? Coz if it does, then I might just drop the extra 50 bucks for a 3G model if I'm already paying for a data plan.

You pay per device, having a data plan for your phone is completely separate from this. You will pay on top of your current bill
---
http://www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/999/legendofjerz.png
#20EternalNetherPosted 1/9/2012 1:57:41 PM
I'm currently using an EVO 4G on Sprint and I can personally vouch for its service. I haven't had any real problems from Sprint. But every company has at least one downside.

With Sprint, it's that you won't see the data speeds you can get on Verizion/AT&T. The difference is pretty negligible but it can be noticeable sometimes. It's a small price to pay when your data is unlimited and you get constantly great service. I just wish they would hurry up and get 4G in my area. I'm stuck paying $10 for 4G even though I can't use it. ****!
---
I hate it when people say First World Problems. The odds are that 99.5% of us really don't care about starving children we'll never meet. I know I don't.