PS2 emulation

#1Nova666Posted 1/9/2012 12:51:13 PM
Before someone says it's illegal, remember the PS3 and PSP do PSone emulation (legally) to play PSone Classics. I'm wondering if the Vita will be able to do PS2 emulation so in the future we might see PS2 Classics (not HD remasters). Do you think the Vita has the hardware to perform this?
---
Nova666 = 50% win, 50% awesome, 50% OMG
That is 150% right thar.
~ Action
#2Megaman OmegaPosted 1/9/2012 12:58:35 PM(edited)
Clean and flawless emulation? Hardly with the difference in CPU architecture. But ports should be no problem at all.
---
3D screens.. how do they work? are they similar to magnets? PS: Please no replies from scientists.. you're always lyin, and gettin me pissed.
~ Mario64DStyle
#3justchill433Posted 1/9/2012 12:59:05 PM
Does it have the hardware? Probably. Is it worth Sony's time to create PS2 emulation? No. Is Sony ever going to add it? Probably not.
---
PSN: s1l3nt_x_cha0s GT: xziT4L3NTZx
*slips of cliff*
#4SpiritoftheBatPosted 1/9/2012 1:06:33 PM
At best vita will get the ps2 classics that are already in the store and others that come.
#5crawdadPosted 1/9/2012 1:17:48 PM
They're already doing ZOE HD, MGS HD and FFXHD for it, so I wouldn;t put it past them to keep doing the HD remastering.
---
i7 920 @ 2.67GHz | 5770 HD 1GB | 6GBDDR3 o' RAM@ 1333hz | Dell UltraSharp U2410 24-inch | lol the most expensive part of my computer.
#6EnclavePosted 1/9/2012 1:30:05 PM
Nova666 posted...
Before someone says it's illegal

Nobody would say it's illegal since emulation isn't illegal. Companies like Sony are not fans of people making emulators of their systems but it's not illegal. For instance, Nintendo cannot do anything about all the SNES emulators that have been made. Nor can they do anything about the Wii emulators. They're perfectly legal.
---
The commercial says that Church isn't for perfect people, I guess that's why I'm an Atheist.
#7SuperVegito2487Posted 1/9/2012 1:41:44 PM
^However for complicated tasks you need other software such as bios, and those are illegal to download.... you have to dump them from your own console...

Still this is a sony console and sonys consoles are pretty similar so maybe it can...

Nevernontheless i can tell you what specs CAN run a ps2 emulator.

on pc that is.

i7 2.2 ghz core

Mobillity Radeon HD 6770 2gb dedicated

8gb ram... without browsing i can run it perfectly.
That should give some comparison but remember it may be much easier for the vita than my pc since both vita and psx is materiel from sony.
---
"Its pretty crazy with the people you can run into out there huh?".Jeff "Joker" Moreau about the internet. XBL SuperVegitoFAN
#8Nova666(Topic Creator)Posted 1/9/2012 1:50:41 PM
So it might have the hardware, but Sony may also not be interested.

I was just thinking that since the screen of a handheld is small compared to a TV, HD remakes exclusive to the Vita are somewhat redundant (except for extra features), so it would be easier faster and cheaper to make an emulator and dump some PS2 games already developed into the PS store.

Well, if Sony does not do it, others will.
---
Nova666 = 50% win, 50% awesome, 50% OMG
That is 150% right thar.
~ Action
#9SnoopydancePosted 1/9/2012 2:12:01 PM
Unfortunately, to quote Yoshida from his twitter: "doubt it"
---

#10EnclavePosted 1/9/2012 2:29:25 PM
SuperVegito2487 posted...
^However for complicated tasks you need other software such as bios, and those are illegal to download.... you have to dump them from your own console...

Ah, not 100% true. For instance, not all Playstation emulators require a PSX bios. Most do, but certainly not all.

Besides, while acquiring the bios can be potentially illegal that doesn't in turn make the emulator itself illegal.
---
The commercial says that Church isn't for perfect people, I guess that's why I'm an Atheist.