2 vita's question

#1tygp2386Posted 2/5/2012 4:33:51 AM
My wife may want one of these so I have some questions.

1 - Can 2 vitas share the same psn account?

2 - If yes, how does trophies work since they are tied to your psn account?

3 - Can you share the digital games you buy on psn?
---
They say good things come to those who wait,...so I'ma be at least about an hour late - Kanye West
#2larryp78Posted 2/5/2012 5:11:43 AM
tygp2386 posted...
My wife may want one of these so I have some questions.

1 - Can 2 vitas share the same psn account?

2 - If yes, how does trophies work since they are tied to your psn account?

3 - Can you share the digital games you buy on psn?

I believe its 1 account per vita and I'm not sure about sharing games you buy on the PSN
#3SuperVegito2487Posted 2/5/2012 5:28:58 AM
i think it was no to all 3... sorry.

look on the bright side though its most likely not gonna be confusing :P
---
"Its pretty crazy with the people you can run into out there huh?".Jeff "Joker" Moreau about the internet. XBL SuperVegitoFAN
#4ITPPosted 2/5/2012 5:37:58 AM
Where are you people making these things up?

the REAL answers are:

1. Yes, but you won't be able to use that account on any more PSPs/Vitas, since each account is limited to exactly 2 portable activations.

2. any trophy earned by one of the units will sync to the account, and will be shown on both units. I.E - if you both play a game like Infamous or Mass Effect, where multiple branches give you different trophies, you can each pick a branch and complement each other's missing trophies.

3. Yes, any game bought Digitally on that account will be playable on both units, as they are both "Content activated" on the same account.

there are downsides to this though, these include:

1. you cannot be online on the same account on two Vitas at the same time (I'm not 100% sure about this, I'm assuming this due to the fact that this is how it is for PS3s)

2. you cannot message each other, due to the above problem #1

3. you cannot play the content downloaded on this account if you switch the Vita to a different account. (this is possible on PS3, but not on PSP/Vita)

4. you cannot play co-op/competetive play online, again due to #1. you can however use some indirect online features (Leaderboards mainly) since you can "remember" what your partner's score was and beat it.
#5Garfield64Posted 2/5/2012 5:47:03 AM
The two tops answers were wrong, bottom guy sounded complicated XD.

1. Yes 2. Anything you or her unlock is shared. 3. Yes

Side Note: Can not play Online Multilayer games same time, can not message each other. If you use same account name.

Also your free to log in with your account, put all your digital games on your memory card, reset your Vita factory settings, then create her a second account using your digital games.
---
~__~ zZZzZzZZZzZZZzzZZzzZzZzZZZzZZZzZzz
#6ITPPosted 2/5/2012 6:29:45 AM
I was just being comprehensive Garfield, way to bring a guy down XD
#7zxelmanPosted 2/5/2012 8:13:48 AM
What I heard is that if you want to gameshare, you first download all the games you want on an account you're not sticking with. Then you don't start those games up until you reset your Vita to factory settings. After reseting the Vita, you can log into your own account and play those games without any problems.

Not sure if it's 100% true or if it changed due to updates, but people mentioned this is how it worked before. I also don't know what would happen if you were to reset your Vita to factory settings again to get some more games. This is why I plan to figure this out completely when me and my sis get ours.
---
Phantasy Star Portable 2 Partner Card Name: Xelor.
Phantasy Star Portable 2 Characters: VAmar Xel, RAcaseal X-Oul
#8TheSuspectedPosted 2/5/2012 8:25:08 AM
zxelman posted...
What I heard is that if you want to gameshare, you first download all the games you want on an account you're not sticking with. Then you don't start those games up until you reset your Vita to factory settings. After reseting the Vita, you can log into your own account and play those games without any problems.

Not sure if it's 100% true or if it changed due to updates, but people mentioned this is how it worked before. I also don't know what would happen if you were to reset your Vita to factory settings again to get some more games. This is why I plan to figure this out completely when me and my sis get ours.

Really? I have PSP games on an old account that I no longer use. I want to be logged into my current account, yet play them. If it's true, I won't have to repurchase anything. I will try this day one.
---
PSN/Steam: NaRD2ndG | www.twitch.tv/nard2ndg Currently Streaming Final Fantasy XIII/BlazBlue Continuum Shift Extend in 720p.
#9zxelmanPosted 2/5/2012 8:31:03 AM
TheSuspected posted...
zxelman posted...

Really? I have PSP games on an old account that I no longer use. I want to be logged into my current account, yet play them. If it's true, I won't have to repurchase anything. I will try this day one.

Good luck. I may or may not make a topic about this detailing everything I could find with the system. Hopefully someone doesn't beat me to it, making me feel useless besides a 2nd confirmation.
---
Phantasy Star Portable 2 Partner Card Name: Xelor.
Phantasy Star Portable 2 Characters: VAmar Xel, RAcaseal X-Oul
#10SuperVegito2487Posted 2/5/2012 9:17:40 AM
ITP1 posted...
Where are you people making these things up?

the REAL answers are:

1. Yes, but you won't be able to use that account on any more PSPs/Vitas, since each account is limited to exactly 2 portable activations.

2. any trophy earned by one of the units will sync to the account, and will be shown on both units. I.E - if you both play a game like Infamous or Mass Effect, where multiple branches give you different trophies, you can each pick a branch and complement each other's missing trophies.

3. Yes, any game bought Digitally on that account will be playable on both units, as they are both "Content activated" on the same account.

there are downsides to this though, these include:

1. you cannot be online on the same account on two Vitas at the same time (I'm not 100% sure about this, I'm assuming this due to the fact that this is how it is for PS3s)

2. you cannot message each other, due to the above problem #1

3. you cannot play the content downloaded on this account if you switch the Vita to a different account. (this is possible on PS3, but not on PSP/Vita)

4. you cannot play co-op/competetive play online, again due to #1. you can however use some indirect online features (Leaderboards mainly) since you can "remember" what your partner's score was and beat it.

making up??

i saw some info a while back that one psv ONLY... this is good news though...
---
"Its pretty crazy with the people you can run into out there huh?".Jeff "Joker" Moreau about the internet. XBL SuperVegitoFAN