why did army of hell get such a low rating?

#1ephenstevePosted 2/11/2012 4:07:30 PM
it reminds me of a kessen type game. and i kinda fancied those. is it because of the graphics? i also like metal so idk. is it a control problem? lemme know!
#2flamefist7Posted 2/11/2012 4:09:36 PM
because it was "bland and redundant with no variety in stages". but despite this i'm still intrigued about it so i may pick it up.
P.S. those are the reviewers words not mine
---
Hindolo L Sennessie
Platinum Fc-313724304716
#3ephensteve(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2012 4:22:49 PM
flamefist7 posted...
because it was "bland and redundant with no variety in stages". but despite this i'm still intrigued about it so i may pick it up.
P.S. those are the reviewers words not mine

yeah ive seen that sentence before in a review and i was like wow.... i mean what hasnt been done before in a game? what it all comes down to is a mix of certain things used in the right way to make a great game.
#4GLDanzegoPosted 2/11/2012 4:34:03 PM
Something having been done before and something being bland and repetitive are two different things. Mario games are repetitive and I'll play those all day, because the basic game mechanics stay fun and the level design is generally good. The videos I've seen of Army of Hell just make the game look flat out boring and uninteresting.

Mind you, I do enjoy the Pikmin games very much. But those games had good level design and required more than just simply killing enemies over and over again. On what I've seen of Army of Hell, I don't think I could even get through a demo without being bored before the end of it.
#5ephensteve(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2012 4:42:28 PM
GLDanzego posted...
Something having been done before and something being bland and repetitive are two different things. Mario games are repetitive and I'll play those all day, because the basic game mechanics stay fun and the level design is generally good. The videos I've seen of Army of Hell just make the game look flat out boring and uninteresting.

Mind you, I do enjoy the Pikmin games very much. But those games had good level design and required more than just simply killing enemies over and over again. On what I've seen of Army of Hell, I don't think I could even get through a demo without being bored before the end of it.

yea i love mario too but how can you say its not bland the only reason people still like it is because of the nostalgia feeling and that they are simple. (aside from speed runs)

on mario you run left and right, you jump over pits, change into the same suits about 4 different scenery changes and the bosses are so simple they change 1 thing about the bosses yet they take 3 hits to kill even koopa.

mario is bland and repetitive but i love it. why? the simple reason.

I grew up with it.
#6deathslovePosted 2/11/2012 4:45:25 PM
check out the vids of the game TC and if you think it looks fun get it.
it is all opinions. don't let reviewers decide your gaming habits
#7ephensteve(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2012 4:47:40 PM
deathslove posted...
check out the vids of the game TC and if you think it looks fun get it.
it is all opinions. don't let reviewers decide your gaming habits

wise words spoken. yeah i've been trying to stay away from youtube because i keep wandering off into the weird part of it lol.
#8GLDanzegoPosted 2/11/2012 9:43:27 PM(edited)
ephensteve posted...

yea i love mario too but how can you say its not bland the only reason people still like it is because of the nostalgia feeling and that they are simple. (aside from speed runs)

on mario you run left and right, you jump over pits, change into the same suits about 4 different scenery changes and the bosses are so simple they change 1 thing about the bosses yet they take 3 hits to kill even koopa.

mario is bland and repetitive but i love it. why? the simple reason.

I grew up with it.

Is that why Mario games sell? Dang, and I thought it was because the games actually play well and have excellent level design, not just because people played them when they were younger.

I guess I must be the only one who buys them because they're good games. *rolls eyes, shakes head and laughs*

---
#9NarutoPosted 2/11/2012 9:46:50 PM
GLDanzego posted...
Is that why Mario games sell? Dang, and I thought it was because the games actually play well and have excellent level design, not just because people played them when they were younger.

That's the reason why 3D Land sold so well.
#10godbowsdowntomePosted 2/11/2012 9:55:02 PM

The review is just telling you that you should wait for it to come down in price and not pay 40 bucks for it. It's a 40 dollar game right? Yeah, wait until it drops in price. I think thats one of those games that will go down pretty quickly.