Need a semi-objective, outside point of view

#1CyberEvilPosted 2/12/2012 8:51:50 AM
First, this is a legitimate request for opinions, so any are welcome. Second, try not to argue amongst each other or with me. This is a pretty simple situation with pretty simple answers. Thanks.

So my entirely first-world dilemma is this: I really want the Vita. I have it preordered for the 22nd. I can afford to buy the FEB, though, and the extra week is going to absolutely torturous to fully wait out. The question is whether I should change to the FEB.

The facts:

Money is not a big deal in this situation.
Two of the games I want most do not come out until the 22nd and 23rd (Shinobido 2 and Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus, respectively).
I do not want Little Deviants.
I DO want that awesome case in the FEB.
I have little to no use for 3G and likely will NEVER activate it, even with the one month free.
The 4GB card is nice in an "Oh you're so cute!" kind of way, but utterly worthless in the long run.
I am fairly excited about wipEout 2048, which is already available.

There are a few more things I could add but they'd likely be obvious. So there it all is. I want only the case and the Vita itself, so the value of the bundle is diminished somewhat. Having the Vita earlier is worth the added cost to me right now, but I'm not so sure it would be a week thereafter. What would you guys do in my situation? I have the rest of the day and likely tomorrow to make up my mind. Thanks again in advance.
---
Live: CyberEvil
PSN: CyberEvil-PSN
#2amari24Posted 2/12/2012 9:02:23 AM
If you absolutely can't wait the extra week go with the FEB. You could probably take Little Deviants and trade it in at GameStop for something else. My birthday is on the 14th so I was planning on getting the FEB, but I'm going to wait out the extra week and get the 3G bundle with the 8GB card and free PSN game.
#3darkphiresagePosted 2/12/2012 9:07:47 AM
you said yourself that having the vita early alone, is worth the cost to you right now. in addition to that, you can get wipeout and the case you want. you also said that the money is no big deal.

i honestly don't see what the problem is.
---
supposed average anime theme: we'll defeat you with the power of our friendship.
actual average anime theme: you came alone?...we're totally gonna jump you.
#4CyberEvil(Topic Creator)Posted 2/12/2012 9:10:01 AM
Hah, that's the logic I'm using with myself. The problem is I have a tendency to impulse buy everything and I'm trying to avoid it here by having people see my situation and tell me what they'd do. Think of it as crowd-sourcing a problem haha.
---
Live: CyberEvil
PSN: CyberEvil-PSN
#5PorterPosted 2/12/2012 9:10:27 AM
If money is not an issue, I would get the FEB and sell or trade the stuff you don't want.

It's not a bad idea to have an extra memory card laying around so even though I bought a 32GB I am keeping the 4GB one.

That extra week will be very difficult unless you know no one with a Vita and stay away from forums and youtube videos talking about it for the whole week.

Also, with only Wipeout for a whole week you don't have to struggle over which game to play:)
---
m18x, i7-2960XM, ATI 6990m CF, 16Gb 1600mhz RAM, 2x750GB RAID0, 18.4" 1080P LED, Eyefinity 5760x1080
#6PorterPosted 2/12/2012 9:11:43 AM
CyberEvil posted...
Hah, that's the logic I'm using with myself. The problem is I have a tendency to impulse buy everything and I'm trying to avoid it here by having people see my situation and tell me what they'd do. Think of it as crowd-sourcing a problem haha.

But maybe many of us are impulse buyers too!
---
m18x, i7-2960XM, ATI 6990m CF, 16Gb 1600mhz RAM, 2x750GB RAID0, 18.4" 1080P LED, Eyefinity 5760x1080
#7NepheraelPosted 2/12/2012 9:12:03 AM
If you can afford it I say make it happen. It will always be $50 well spent for me and will never regret the extra week
---
PSN: Nepherael /// I dig RPG's and quite a few other genres Down for MP, Add me if you like.
Current donations: 2 Wii's, 1 360, 1 PSP, 1 orig. DS, 1 DSi XL
#8VariAsiaNPosted 2/12/2012 9:12:58 AM

TC, I'm in the same boat as you are. I sell on Ebay quite often and I will be putting little Deviants and a 4 gig memory both unopened on Ebay, making some money back (already bought the 32 memory) There is enough of a market that it'll sell for 75 to 90 percent of value. 

#9darkphiresagePosted 2/12/2012 9:16:07 AM(edited)
CyberEvil posted...

impulse buying is only a problem if you don't have the disposable income...like me. >_> but if you want it, can afford it, and won't regret it, what are you waiting for?

edit: well...besides the release date.
---
supposed average anime theme: we'll defeat you with the power of our friendship.
actual average anime theme: you came alone?...we're totally gonna jump you.
#10dkachayloPosted 2/12/2012 9:15:35 AM

I considered this myself, the case is awesome, little deviants might be fun, it is the card not download so trade in is an option.

I backed off tho, got the plain 3g bundle.  you get 8g card and free psn game.

How much was the FEB ? I cant remember, anyway the main reason I switched was I had already took off the 22nd-29th from work just for the vita. (I know, what a loser)

an extra $20 -$50 wasnt a big deal for me either and waiting for it although torturous, Im finding exiting also.

so basically what Im saying is....

GO FOR IT !!!!!!!!