PS3 or Vita?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: pwingx

pwingx
4 years ago#1
My Dad just got his taxes and he's letting me choose from either a Playstation 3 or PSVita.

I only have a DSi and 3DS at the moment (never been much of a gamer aside from Pokemon and Dragon Quest).

So should I purchase a PS3 so I can finally get into console gaming or get the newer Vita for titles like FFX and Type-0?
3DS FC : 4983-5173-6592
PM so I can add you too.

User Info: MegaSlime

MegaSlime
4 years ago#2
PS3 of course.
"Why is it whenever someone says 'with all due respect' they really mean 'kiss my ass'?"-Ashley, Mass Effect
High School Relationships: 99.9% Failure

User Info: Nepherael

Nepherael
4 years ago#3
If you're more casual than anything I'd say go with the vita because it will ave more features than a ps3 like AR games and stuff
PSN: Nepherael /// I dig RPG's and quite a few other genres Down for MP, Add me if you like.
Current donations: 2 Wii's, 1 360, 1 PSP, 1 orig. DS, 1 DSi XL

User Info: KirbyIsAwesome

KirbyIsAwesome
4 years ago#4
PS3. BTW, FFX is also coming to PS3 in full HD.
My name speaks nothing but the truth, Kirby FTW.
PSN: KirbyIsAwesome. Please PM me if you are to add me.

User Info: iDoneGotU

iDoneGotU
4 years ago#5
Vita, Ps3 is gonna be away in 1 or 2 years.
PSN: iDoneGotU

User Info: SpiritoftheBat

SpiritoftheBat
4 years ago#6
I'd go with ps3 just because you already have a handheld and the games will be cheaper since alot of the good ones are several years old

User Info: battlfrnt2006

battlfrnt2006
4 years ago#7
PS3, no contest. It already has a well-established back catalogue.
PSN: mtllica

User Info: Porter

Porter
4 years ago#8
Do you want portability or not? To me that is what it comes down to.

If you don't want to be tethered to your TV you should get a Vita. You are already familiar with portable gaming too. Being forced to sit in the same spot every time you want to play a game or having to move the console around sucks.

I only use my PS3 for movies.
m18x, i7-2960XM, ATI 6990m CF, 16Gb 1600mhz RAM, 2x750GB RAID0, 18.4" 1080P LED, Eyefinity 5760x1080

User Info: JurassicBond

JurassicBond
4 years ago#9
PS3 easily. PS3 has loads of great games released already, while none of the Vita launch titles look that interesting to me.
Reading: The Dragon Reborn - Robert Jordan
http://i.imgur.com/chrQo.jpg http://i.imgur.com/nYklT.jpg

User Info: Encephlon

Encephlon
4 years ago#10
PS3 has a larger library. This is a no brainer.
So many games, so little time...
Unfortunately most portable/HD remakes suffer "Emperor's New Clothes" syndrome. Nostalgia ftw.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived