Dead pixels exist in Vita

• Topic Archived

You have been randomly selected to participate in the Beta Test of our new message list page. We've rolled out this test in order to get additional feedback and error reports from a wider subset of users. We'll only display this notice once, but permanent links to disable the Beta, provide feedback, and get more information will be located at the bottom of each message list.

To disable this test for now, click here. For more information, please read our announcement about this redesign.

1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. Dead pixels exist in Vita
3 years ago#1
As the US is about to get the Vita on the 15th, I would be grateful to know if anyone experiences dead pixels as I have done on my Vita. If its rare and I have been unlucky, I will probably consider getting a UK Vita and selling on the HK model I own.
---
"Live in Ca. Gamespot screwed me too. I'm still walking funny."
RESIDENTEVILGAMER
3 years ago#2

Post a video up on youtube about it, or it didn't happen! 

3 years ago#3
Of course dead pixels happen in the Vita, no screen is immune to that.
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade
3 years ago#4
godbowsdowntome posted...

Really... Going through this again? Go look up my 3G topic, then come back and apologise. I don't lie, I've made someone here eat their words before, don't let the next person for that to happen to be you..
---
RESIDENTEVILGAMER
3 years ago#5
ah the infamous dead pixel topic for new handheld systems.
---
So many games, so little time...
Unfortunately most portable/HD remakes suffer "Emperor's New Clothes" syndrome. Nostalgia ftw.
3 years ago#6
Starwars4J posted...

I am aware if that, but there was a myth going around that OLED was immune to them... It is rarer, but how rare?
---
RESIDENTEVILGAMER
3 years ago#7
spikerules1 posted...

Really... Going through this again? Go look up my 3G topic, then come back and apologise. I don't lie, I've made someone here eat their words before, don't let the next person for that to happen to be you..

It's possible, OLEDs can get stuck pixels like LCDs. How long have you had the vita?
---
PSN: iDoneGotU
3 years ago#8
iDoneGotU posted...
spikerules1 posted...

It's possible, OLEDs can get stuck pixels like LCDs. How long have you had the vita?

I have had it over a week now. Noticed it as soon as I started playing around with it proper. It isn't very noticeable in low light stuff, but it's very noticeable in Welcome Park.
---
RESIDENTEVILGAMER
3 years ago#9
spikerules1 posted...
Starwars4J posted...

I am aware if that, but there was a myth going around that OLED was immune to them... It is rarer, but how rare?

Rare because quality control, just like any other display.

It's funny though, because people were insisting that they were impossible just a week ago, despite there being dead pixels on other devices using Samsung OLED displays...
3 years ago#10
rctRCT posted...
spikerules1 posted...
Starwars4J posted...

Rare because quality control, just like any other display.

It's funny though, because people were insisting that they were impossible just a week ago, despite there being dead pixels on other devices using Samsung OLED displays...

I know, I have no idea where the rumour started. How people think OLED displays are immune is beyond me!
---
RESIDENTEVILGAMER
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. Dead pixels exist in Vita

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Message List Beta Test is now on. To disable the Beta, just click here, or you can read more about it, report an error, or provide general feedback.
  • Topic Archived