Dead pixels exist in Vita

#11iDoneGotUPosted 2/12/2012 3:50:54 PM
spikerules1 posted..

I have had it over a week now. Noticed it as soon as I started playing around with it proper. It isn't very noticeable in low light stuff, but it's very noticeable in Welcome Park.

Are you doing to return it or warranty?
---
PSN: iDoneGotU
#12spikerules1(Topic Creator)Posted 2/12/2012 3:55:52 PM
iDoneGotU posted...
spikerules1 posted..

I have had it over a week now. Noticed it as soon as I started playing around with it proper. It isn't very noticeable in low light stuff, but it's very noticeable in Welcome Park.

Well I bought it from ebay, so I don't think it's possible as the warranty is only for HK. Plus I don't think one dead pixel is classed as a broken item. Remember the whole PSP debacle? I think my only option is to buy a UK vita and sell this one on:(
---
"Live in Ca. Gamespot screwed me too. I'm still walking funny."
RESIDENTEVILGAMER
#13SpiritoftheBatPosted 2/12/2012 4:24:52 PM
Can't you fix dead pixels?
#14iDoneGotUPosted 2/12/2012 4:31:47 PM
spikerules1 posted...
iDoneGotU posted...
spikerules1 posted..

Well I bought it from ebay, so I don't think it's possible as the warranty is only for HK. Plus I don't think one dead pixel is classed as a broken item. Remember the whole PSP debacle? I think my only option is to buy a UK vita and sell this one on:(

People would be willing to buy it only with 1 dead pixel I guess.
---
PSN: iDoneGotU
#15xfactorPosted 2/12/2012 4:35:01 PM

rctRCT posted...
spikerules1 posted...
Starwars4J posted...
Of course dead pixels happen in the Vita, no screen is immune to that.

I am aware if that, but there was a myth going around that OLED was immune to them... It is rarer, but how rare?
Rare because quality control, just like any other display.

It's funny though, because people were insisting that they were impossible just a week ago, despite there being dead pixels on other devices using Samsung OLED displays...

I know, I have no idea where the rumour started. How people think OLED displays are immune is beyond me!

Lies from the fanboys to make the system sounds appealing, of cause.
---
www.capcom.co.jp/bio5
#16Retro ManPosted 2/12/2012 5:03:38 PM
My first PSP had over 10 dead pixels, all over. It was very distressing, considering it was the very first "I don't care about money, I just want to cheer myself up" purchase, and I had to take it back the next day and get a replacement.

I think it's common. There was some interesting things around, like a web-page that would cycle through all the colours, and thus show you if there were stuck pixels (and supposedly fix them).
---
Playing: TotA (3DS), SMT Imagine (PC)
Reading: A Christie - Murder at the Vicarage