Skylanders

#1azurebiscuitPosted 2/12/2012 6:00:12 PM
Anyone else hoping for skylanders giants to be released here as well. I'd be fine with a 3ds style other game but I think the vita had better hardware specs than the ps3, so maybe a full release with memory capability so we don't have to tote our entire collections around.

Also anyone seen any news on this? Google doesn't turn anything up
#2GeminiX7Posted 2/12/2012 6:01:54 PM
Nah. It's like "All the complaints people have about DLC: The Game"
---
"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
#3AnimeDrewPosted 2/12/2012 6:02:59 PM
No..
#4Retro ManPosted 2/12/2012 6:13:30 PM
I hope so, even better if you don't need the portal, instead the vita would recognise the figures via the camera. New figures would mean new recognition updates, which would cut down on "it's on the disc!" arguments.

I am sorry. I just... I like (although do not own... too expensive just now, but I do have a Stealth Elf!) Skylanders, or more importantly the point of Skylanders. I was an 80's kid, and toys piled up and gathered dust as each new fad came out. RIght now, it's Moshi-things, which are hunks of plastic with no purpose but swapping. A Skylander is a figure that not only interacts with your video-game, giving you a whole new sense of 'play' with your hunk-o-plastic, but can also be a social topic too. I remember people going mad over wrestling cards, and later, Pokemon cards. Now, you can go mad about not only owning a [insert skylander name here] but also what level it is, how much gold it earned, what skills you have unlocked, and then actually play with it multiplayer*.

I'd like to see more IPs using this technology.

TL;DR - I like what Skylanders stands for / Future of toys/ Tribbles are cute.

*For some reason most the kids around town never even 'played' Pokemon, they just traded cards.
---
Playing: TotA (3DS), SMT Imagine (PC)
Reading: A Christie - Murder at the Vicarage