How to get your free 250mb data session (yes FEB qualifies)

#61devilgunmanPosted 2/23/2012 10:20:12 AM
BrianMX34 posted...
I really feel like that was somethnig they should have mentioned more clearly, I bought the 3G bundle just for the memory card and free game, I never really cared much about the 3G capability and didn't plan on using it. But now I find out that I have to pay for the month of 3G just to get the "free" game. the paid moth is like $15, Super Stardust is only $10 on the PS Store so I should have just gotten the regular vita and then bought the game. Ugh, so lame!

Super Stardust that you get for free comes with DLC and the total worth is $18. It's has been discussed intensively on this board that you have pay to get "free game" and there're a lot of confusion too because AT&T was trying their best not to say it straight that you have to pay.
#62ducksick234Posted 2/23/2012 11:36:22 AM
How long is the promo good for? I signed up for the 250mb to get the freeish game, but won't need 3G until I have another trip. Does the Free month have a use by date? I didn't see one.
#63TheBorderColliePosted 2/23/2012 10:19:18 PM

Super Stardust that you get for free comes with DLC and the total worth is $18.

Has this been officially confirmed?
---
Number of people who are happy to see the return of TBC: 55
#64PHOENIXZEROPosted 2/24/2012 10:48:55 AM
Yes but it's worth $15, like the bundle on the PS Store.
---
Yay for ignore!
#65RixPosted 2/24/2012 8:40:12 PM
Just adding my thanks. The instructions that came with the Vita and even the AT&T site aren't very clear.
#66LDNPosted 2/24/2012 10:00:22 PM
This is straight from the Sony website,

* Promotional offer expires May 31, 2012. Redemption code must be used within 90 days of issuance and is not transferable, nor redeemable. Limit one per customer. Offer for purchasers of Sony PS Vita 3G/Wi-Fi only. Your promotional 250 MB session automatically starts upon expiration of your first session plan, if you have activated the redemption code. Offer redeemed is for 250MB DataConnect Pass session only, regardless if you are on the 250MB or 3GB DataConnect Pass plan. AT&T is not responsible for taxes or lost redemption codes. Plans automatically renew, so after your promotional session expires, automatic renewal of your first DataConnect Pass plan selected will take effect, and you are responsible for charges, unless you cancel auto-renewal before the plan renews. DataConnect Pass Plan time begins expiring immediately upon purchase/activation whether you are using the service or not. Once your time expires or your allotted data is used, whichever occurs first, your data access will cease. Coverage not available in all areas. For information on prepaid data plans, visit att.com/buyasession. For full terms, see Session Based Wireless Data Service Agreement at att.com/wirelesslegal.

**Mobile broadband access requires DataConnect Pass plan for other specified devices. Time begins expiring immediately upon purchase/activation, whether you are using the service or not. Once your time expires or the allotted data is used, whichever comes first, your data access will cease. 30 day domestic plans automatically renew, unless you cancel auto-renewal. Fees are non-refundable. For full terms see Data Connect Pass Wireless Data Services Agreement on www.att.com/wirelesslegal. Mobile broadband coverage not available in all areas.

About AT&T 3G Service
This PlayStation Vita system is powered by AT&T Mobile Broadband Network. AT&T Data Connect plans are month by month and not contract based. All plans include complimentary AT&T Wi-Fi hotspot access in the United States. There are two plan choices: 250MB for $14.99, 30-day recurring opt out, which starts at the date and time of plan purchase; and 3GB for $30.00, 30-day recurring opt out, which starts at the date and time of plan purchase.

http://store.sony.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10551&storeId=10151&langId=-1&productId=8198552921666424866#features

under the footnotes <==extremely hidden.
---
"On a Ferrari, The engine provides your music"-Enzo
#67plagamesforevaPosted 2/26/2012 3:09:36 PM
Cool!
---
CAPCOM needs to make a 3rd Capcom Classics Collection (Include Super Street Fighter II), Mega Man: Powered Up 2 & Mega Man: Powered Up 3 for the N3DS!
#68ZemataPosted 2/27/2012 11:13:33 AM
Does anyone know if you can save the free coupon? or does it expire?
---
http://www.flickr.com/photos/zemata/ = My Lego Things. soundcloud.com/zemata = My music things.
#69Ryan2EZPosted 2/27/2012 12:04:43 PM
I haven't set up a 3g Plan at all but for whatever reason my Vita automatically connected to 3G

do we get a free month to test it out or what i'm kind of confused
#70MonsterWeaponPosted 2/28/2012 5:58:52 AM
You will get the 3G signal whether you sign up or not, but you won't be able to use the 3G features unless you sign up for a plan. The signal is showing since the sim card is working, and you have to be able to connect to the 3G network in order to use the Vita to sign up for the service.