The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Metal gear solid: portable ops??

#1XXCalibanXXPosted 2/19/2012 1:37:50 PM
I've seen a lot about peace walker being playable on the vita but can't find anything on portable ops. Is portable ops playable either off buying on vita or transfer from ps3? I've got a bunch of money on psn and want to download both games. Thanks.
#2Anodyne11Posted 2/19/2012 1:40:53 PM
All digital PSP games work with the Vita as far as I know.
---
Valkyria Chronicles is the best RPG this gen!
Official Ultimecia of the Dissidia 012: Duodecim boards
#3XXCalibanXX(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2012 1:43:46 PM
I've seen a couple posts saying both do and both don't, that's why I was hoping someone could confirm one way or another 100%
#4airshowboatPosted 2/19/2012 2:10:53 PM
Metal Gear Peace Walker works like a charm. But PORTABLE OPS DOES NOT WORK! If anyone figures out a way to get it to work. Let me know. The Vita will not even see Portable Ops when doing the data transfer. Every other PSP game I have works. Portable ops does not!
#5XXCalibanXX(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2012 2:20:45 PM
Ok thanks for the update. That does suck, I want to play it. Hopefully playable soon. Is peace walker a sequel to portable ops or stand alone?
#6IrishSJ23Posted 2/19/2012 2:21:55 PM

Peace Walker takes place after Portable Ops in the timeline. MGS3 then PO then PW in the Naked Snake/Big boss timeline

#7XXCalibanXX(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2012 2:29:21 PM
That's what I thought, that's why I wasn't already playing peace walker. I don't really want to start it either before playing po, but if it never becomes playable on vita I might just have to skip and go straight to pw.
#8airshowboatPosted 2/19/2012 5:38:20 PM
I agree. I played alot of portable ops on my PSPgo but the camera controls suck so so bad.. Thats why I was ecstatic when I got the Vita thinking I could finally play with 2 analog sticks.. But it doesn't work. Sucks because that was the first game I wanted to replay on the Vita. Guess Ill have to wait. I wish they would put Crisis Core up in digital form
#9XXCalibanXX(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2012 8:31:12 PM
What about metal gear acid 1 and 2? Do you know if those work? Played and loved the first one but never got to play the second.
#10airshowboatPosted 2/19/2012 9:01:42 PM
I am absolutely with you. I love the 2 acid games and would love to play them. But they were never added to the playstation store as digital copies. The only way you can play a psp game on the vita is to have it in a digital form. So no Acid 1 or 2.