Is there any real reason not to buy the 3g version?

#1NarcGamer68Posted 2/20/2012 7:41:22 PM
When I found out that the 3G comes with a PSN download and a memory card, I switched my pre-order over from the wifi version to the 3G version. Is there any reason to buy the wifi over the 3G?
---
Stay Scarfed
http://youtube.com/watch?v=yRtKB-0O4AQ
#2battalion93Posted 2/20/2012 7:42:20 PM
Yes, if you know you won't be going out often and you will be in range of a wi-fi access point in most time of using the Vita.

Otherwise, 3G is the way to go IMO.
---
Xbox Live: YankeesPwn25
Xfire: yanks96
#3Ben ReillyPosted 2/20/2012 7:43:57 PM
No

It's only $50, it doesn't require a contract, and it's not something that can be added to the Wifi version if they ever do anything really cool with it.
---
Lebatard: "So what more could Derrick Rose actually have done to make you acknowledge that he had a bad game? Urinate on himself?"
#4JetPilotPosted 2/20/2012 7:45:19 PM(edited)
Because I want the 32Gig memory card so the 8Gig memory card would be a waste.

AND

You have to purchase a paid month of 3G before you can access your free game. I'd rather save the $30 3G fee and purchase the game myself when I want it.

AND

I have no need for a 3G device because I use my iPhone for my on-the-go internet needs. My Vita is for gaming.
---
PSN: JetPiIot (the "L" in pilot is actually a capital "i").
#5budlight_07Posted 2/20/2012 7:45:16 PM
battalion93 posted...
Yes, if you know you won't be going out often and you will be in range of a wi-fi access point in most time of using the Vita.

Otherwise, 3G is the way to go IMO.

Or if you carry a smartphone with wifi hotspot capabilities that you can also use anywhere. My verizon 4g speeds beatout my cable imternet speeds so I have no need for 3g as I will always have a 4g connection availible for my vita
---
PSN: fullythoed
Dallas Cowboys-8-8 Mavericks 20-12 defending world champs
#6bellzemoPosted 2/20/2012 7:45:17 PM
Well if you don't want a 8 GB memory card and you don't want to pay 15 dollars for a Data plan and a 15 dollar game. Thats 2 reasons. Or you only want to spend an extra 50 dollars on the system?

I was going to get the 3G anyway. Never know when you might want it. I also have the money to spend.
#7awesomephatmanPosted 2/20/2012 7:45:43 PM
Yeah, the free game is basically cancelled out since you have to pay for a month to get the free game...

The memory card is $30 separately, so if you know you won't be using the 3G, you'd actually save money by just getting the Wi-Fi.
---
I was floating in a peaceful sea
Rescued by a sinking ship
#8NarcGamer68(Topic Creator)Posted 2/20/2012 8:11:36 PM

awesomephatman
Posted 2/20/2012 9:45:43 PM
message detail
Yeah, the free game is basically cancelled out since you have to pay for a month to get the free game...

The memory card is $30 separately, so if you know you won't be using the 3G, you'd actually save money by just getting the Wi-Fi.
---
I was floating in a peaceful sea
Rescued by a sinking ship

I see. I did not know that they tied the free game to the 3G service.
---
Stay Scarfed
http://youtube.com/watch?v=yRtKB-0O4AQ
#9Kjones77Posted 2/20/2012 8:15:59 PM
JetPilot posted...
Because I want the 32Gig memory card so the 8Gig memory card would be a waste.

AND

You have to purchase a paid month of 3G before you can access your free game. I'd rather save the $30 3G fee and purchase the game myself when I want it.

AND

I have no need for a 3G device because I use my iPhone for my on-the-go internet needs. My Vita is for gaming.

Don't you have a ps3? My iPhone is for on the go as well and my ps3 at home so I just don't see myself playing the vita over my ps3.
---
Psn kylejay