Is there any real reason not to buy the 3g version?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. Is there any real reason not to buy the 3g version?
4 years ago#1
When I found out that the 3G comes with a PSN download and a memory card, I switched my pre-order over from the wifi version to the 3G version. Is there any reason to buy the wifi over the 3G?
Stay Scarfed
http://youtube.com/watch?v=yRtKB-0O4AQ
4 years ago#2
Yes, if you know you won't be going out often and you will be in range of a wi-fi access point in most time of using the Vita.

Otherwise, 3G is the way to go IMO.
Xbox Live: YankeesPwn25
Xfire: yanks96
4 years ago#3
No

It's only $50, it doesn't require a contract, and it's not something that can be added to the Wifi version if they ever do anything really cool with it.
Lebatard: "So what more could Derrick Rose actually have done to make you acknowledge that he had a bad game? Urinate on himself?"
4 years ago#4
Because I want the 32Gig memory card so the 8Gig memory card would be a waste.

AND

You have to purchase a paid month of 3G before you can access your free game. I'd rather save the $30 3G fee and purchase the game myself when I want it.

AND

I have no need for a 3G device because I use my iPhone for my on-the-go internet needs. My Vita is for gaming.
PSN: JetPiIot (the "L" in pilot is actually a capital "i").
4 years ago#5
battalion93 posted...
Yes, if you know you won't be going out often and you will be in range of a wi-fi access point in most time of using the Vita.

Otherwise, 3G is the way to go IMO.

Or if you carry a smartphone with wifi hotspot capabilities that you can also use anywhere. My verizon 4g speeds beatout my cable imternet speeds so I have no need for 3g as I will always have a 4g connection availible for my vita
PSN: fullythoed
Dallas Cowboys-8-8 Mavericks 20-12 defending world champs
4 years ago#6
Well if you don't want a 8 GB memory card and you don't want to pay 15 dollars for a Data plan and a 15 dollar game. Thats 2 reasons. Or you only want to spend an extra 50 dollars on the system?

I was going to get the 3G anyway. Never know when you might want it. I also have the money to spend.
4 years ago#7
Yeah, the free game is basically cancelled out since you have to pay for a month to get the free game...

The memory card is $30 separately, so if you know you won't be using the 3G, you'd actually save money by just getting the Wi-Fi.
I was floating in a peaceful sea
Rescued by a sinking ship
4 years ago#8

awesomephatman
Posted 2/20/2012 9:45:43 PM
message detail
Yeah, the free game is basically cancelled out since you have to pay for a month to get the free game...

The memory card is $30 separately, so if you know you won't be using the 3G, you'd actually save money by just getting the Wi-Fi.
---
I was floating in a peaceful sea
Rescued by a sinking ship

I see. I did not know that they tied the free game to the 3G service.
---
Stay Scarfed
http://youtube.com/watch?v=yRtKB-0O4AQ
4 years ago#9
JetPilot posted...
Because I want the 32Gig memory card so the 8Gig memory card would be a waste.

AND

You have to purchase a paid month of 3G before you can access your free game. I'd rather save the $30 3G fee and purchase the game myself when I want it.

AND

I have no need for a 3G device because I use my iPhone for my on-the-go internet needs. My Vita is for gaming.

Don't you have a ps3? My iPhone is for on the go as well and my ps3 at home so I just don't see myself playing the vita over my ps3.
Psn kylejay
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. Is there any real reason not to buy the 3g version?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived