Is there anyone here that only games on handhelds?

#1HappyBullPosted 2/21/2012 9:27:19 AM
Just curious is all.

Admittedly i'm thinking of going that route soon because these consoles just aren't doing it for me anymore. I wonder if I could really do it though...
#2godfather_1Posted 2/21/2012 9:28:54 AM

I wouldn't say handheld only, but I have been recently gravitating towards PC/Handheld gaming. I haven't really bought a game on my PS3 for a while. I have bought mostly on Steam and 3DS games.

#3Megaman OmegaPosted 2/21/2012 9:29:02 AM
Not me, but i'd say about 80% of my gaming is done on handhelds. I pretty much stopped gaming on the PC (until Diablo III that is) and i don't play on home consoles often.
---
3D screens.. how do they work? are they similar to magnets? PS: Please no replies from scientists.. you're always lyin, and gettin me pissed.
~ Mario64DStyle
#4mcmo21Posted 2/21/2012 9:29:45 AM
you would be mad to drop the xbox360/ps3 over handhelds anyone would be you gola have both youll neva get the same experience you do on consoles graphics gameplay in game cut crazy scenes and the rest
#5PorterPosted 2/21/2012 9:32:04 AM
I've been playing portables only for years (including a laptop). Own a PS3 but have zero interest in playing games on it, movies only. I play in different rooms, laying in bed, at work and when out of town.
---
PSN: Zyvoximus || PC: m18x, i7-2960XM, Two ATI 6990m in CF, 16Gb 1600mhz RAM, 2x750GB RAID0, 18.4" 1080P LED, Eyefinity 5760x1080
#6shogohPosted 2/21/2012 9:32:12 AM
Not exclusively handhelds, but mostly. I love being able to play in bed, outside, on vacation, next to my my girlfriend, etc. I don't like being stuck to the TV that much although playing on a huge screen is great.
#7BerlingerTPosted 2/21/2012 9:33:16 AM
Until recently, I've been a handheld-exclusive gamer. I got a PS3 for christmas, which has definitely been fun, but even after these 2 months, I play my PSP a lot more than the PS3. Heck, I haven't even booted the PS3 up all week.

So, I'm a primarily handheld gamer. And as far as console experience goes, it depends. I can get just as good an experience on a handheld as I can on a console, depending on what game I'm playing.
---
http://dissidiaff.wordpress.com/
Playing: Dissidia 012, Final Fantasy XIII
#8godfather_1Posted 2/21/2012 9:37:34 AM

mcmo21 posted...
you would be mad to drop the xbox360/ps3 over handhelds anyone would be you gola have both youll neva get the same experience you do on consoles graphics gameplay in game cut crazy scenes and the rest

Yes, the endless amount of flooded shooters really adds to the experience. This is the reason I have got bored with this-gen. Only a few gems for me that have really stood out, Rockstar, Bethesda, Naughty Dog games.

#9TerotrousPosted 2/21/2012 9:39:34 AM
I've never been handheld only, but I definitely spend more time with handhelds since they're more convenient.
---
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "SNES Megaman X"
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
#10HelloKitty81Posted 2/21/2012 9:39:48 AM
Handheld exclusive here. Have a 3DS and a Vita.

I used to do the consoles, but as lifestyles change and access to decent gaming sessions (60 minutes+) deteriotes, it became harder to play. Handhelds give me that opportunity to play for 10-15 minutes, put it down, then come back a couple hours or days later.

Anyone who says you need a console to play video games is silly. While you do not have the variety or newness factor of loved franchises (say, FF XIII or FF XIII-2 if you like Final Fantasy), there are other fun gems to play that the consoles do not get.