What's your take on the proprietary memory cards?

#1StankymooPosted 2/21/2012 6:29:35 PM
You pissed? Fine with it? Explain.

Personally, I'm cool with it, because I got used to using an (almost) proprietary card for my PSP. Sure the memory stick duo or whatever it's called could be used for like a handful of other things, but you get my point. Besides, won't other companies like make cheaper versions of it later so we don't have to drop $100 on a 32GB?
---
What do you mean Facebook's not a game? Why can I play it on my 360 then?
#2MadaggarPosted 2/21/2012 6:31:01 PM
Sucks that they cost a pretty penny but what can you do?
---
http://i.imgur.com/M98wz.jpg
#3Neoreloaded313Posted 2/21/2012 6:31:13 PM
I am used to it. Most game systems have propriety memory cards. I dont understand why people now have a problem with it.
---
PSN is still PSN, not SEN.
Gamertag is for Xbox, not PS3.
#4AboveAllFearPosted 2/21/2012 6:32:08 PM

I am used to it. Most game systems have propriety memory cards. I dont understand why people now have a problem with it.

I'm pretty sure people are mad because of how expensive they are.
#5Suppa UglyPosted 2/21/2012 6:33:54 PM
Sticker shock is what I'll say. I really could have gotten more games instead of paying $100 for a damn memory card that I have a sneaking suspicion is no better than a regular old micro SD card
---
They'll make PSN even free-er.DeadCell222 on possible PS3 price drop
#6DarkArithmeticPosted 2/21/2012 6:34:12 PM
Eh I'm use to Sony systems having their own memory cards lol(PS1, PS2, PSP). I'm just not a fan of the prices. Even though in this day and age almost every electronic device has some internal storage lol
#7Village IdiotPosted 2/21/2012 6:34:18 PM
Cash grab

Already used to it, and not much you can do other than

1) Not buy it, but you practically need a memory card for the Vita

2) Wait for a price drop, and who knows when that will be, if it ever happens because unlike the Memory Pro Duo, Sony developed it alone, so we won't have Sandisk licensing its production to 3rd parties. Sure we'll get unofficial 3rd party memory cards, but from previous experience I'll stay the hell away from those.
---
Actually, since Wedge Antilles > Carriers, and Carriers = Instant win, then it should be Wedge Antilles > Instant win. He's just that good XD -PsionicDude
#8ThundarPosted 2/21/2012 6:35:20 PM
They are expensive but you're not forced to start with a 32GB card. Just get an 8GB for now.
---
Vita FEB Get! PSN = Qwid
Playing : Uncharted,Wipeout,Hot Shots Golf,Little Deviants,Escape Plan,Rayman
#9LHS_2012Posted 2/21/2012 6:41:30 PM
I really wouldn't mind if they weren't required for game saves. Internal memory, on the card saves, or including a memory card large enough for saves but small enough to be incapable of downloading games all would've been reasonable and better options.
---
And you definitely won't be laughing September 13 when they cancel the 3DS. ~thundercat2600, Aug 24, 2011
New Department of Fire
#10Stankymoo(Topic Creator)Posted 2/21/2012 6:42:16 PM
I mean, yeah, I'm just going to go for the 3G bundle that comes with the 8 GB card anyway, so it's no big deal for me. I was mainly wondering if anyone was really mad about it, especially considering the decision to use a proprietary card is totally arbitrary from a technical standpoint.
---
What do you mean Facebook's not a game? Why can I play it on my 360 then?