What's your take on the proprietary memory cards?

#113x7Posted 2/21/2012 7:45:42 PM
Well the starter kit came with a 4gb and I got a free 4 gb from amazon, so I don't really give a crap. If I ever need more space, I'll just wait it to drop prices. I remember paying $100 for 2 GB memory card for psp. Couple years later it dropped, and I got a few more.
#12Northern_RosePosted 2/21/2012 7:56:35 PM
For starters its nothing new and it will greatly reduce piracy on the system saving us all lots of money in the end.

Secondly I really dont see how they can be overpriced when they are cheaper than any other Sony card has been.

Sure the $100 price tag on a 32gb card looks stupid but how many people actually used much more than just 16gb on their PSPs?

I remember buying 4 8mb cards for my PS2. 2 at $35 and 2 at $20 latter on.
I remember paying just as much for my PS1 cards that held even less.
Sony Pro Duo 4gb card for the PSP still costs $35
So really whats the prob with a $20 4gb card for the PSV? $30 for 8gb saves $10, $60 for 16gb, $100 for 32gb

They are the cheapest memory cards Sony has ever had and no one is happy about it. WTF?

I love em and personally think Sony really messed up with the PSP. They are just correcting that mistake. They gave people too much freedom and it was abused BIG TIME.
---
It's not that I don't got a full 6 pack, I just lack the plastic thing that holds it all together.
#13MoofeyPosted 2/21/2012 7:57:25 PM
They're overpriced for memory cards that have the read/write speeds of an SD card from 6-7 years ago.
---
"Jackass Thompson doesn't approve of Wii Music. He's on a crusade to put an end to sax and violins in games"
-Gogo726