Sony, why are you doing it again?!!!! No WPA-Enterprise on Vita

#1LordDemigodPosted 2/23/2012 5:59:12 AM
This is seriously annoying - Vita does not support the WPA-Enterprise as a security method for wifi networks, which means you won't be able to connect to most university, college and school networks. I am not completely surprised,since the PS3 and PSP don't support it either,but come on, Vita is a portable device,and many students are going to buy it, so why not add this feature?? And it's not like WPA-Enterprise is some kind of very rare feature rarely used, I know more companies that use it than companies that don't. And, all Android phones,as well as iPhones/iPods use it too,so honestly,I don't see any reason why not.
#2Semp1Posted 2/23/2012 6:04:21 AM(edited)
I use WPA. Works fine with my Apple router.
#3gundamaniacx20aPosted 2/23/2012 6:17:09 AM
works just fine at my campus, though the public network is not secured. Never got why colleges did that, seems kinda silly to me.
---
PSN: RX--Zero
"Humans are greedy, therefore they are human."
#4LordDemigod(Topic Creator)Posted 2/23/2012 6:17:52 AM
WPA-Enterprise. Not WPA, or WPA2.
With WPA-Enterprise you have to enter you login,username,and the authenticating server. With WPA you only enter your password. Makes sense now?
#5cya9nidePosted 2/23/2012 6:20:09 AM
LordDemigod posted...
WPA-Enterprise. Not WPA, or WPA2.
With WPA-Enterprise you have to enter you login,username,and the authenticating server. With WPA you only enter your password. Makes sense now?

This. Quite unfortunate that they do not support this still.
#6ThrobbyRashPosted 2/23/2012 6:20:19 AM
That's why you complain to Sony, not GameFAQs.
#7LordDemigod(Topic Creator)Posted 2/23/2012 6:22:19 AM
Because with the WPA-Enterprise they can always track the user,without the need to register your devices first. If your college uses unsecured network,then it has the worst safety policy ever, somebody could be spying on whatever you send right now :P And it doesn't even require hacking skills,just a laptop with wifi and two programs, and I could see all your passwords and stuff. Thank your IT department for that.
#8Sketch722002Posted 2/23/2012 6:24:17 AM
have you tried contacting the campus or your IT for the dorm and asking if there is another login or way to connect? They might have one, due to with visitors and what not they would need wifi and they would not want to generate a password and all that jazz just for a visitor