Shoulder button "problem"

#31SenorLovecraftPosted 2/26/2012 12:52:49 PM

SenorLovecraft posted...
That's strange, my triggers work perfectly.

Depends on how you hold the system. My finger tip tends to like hitting it at the corner, the problem isn't noticeable however if I have my finger extended and wrapped around the shoulder buttons.

I hit the beginning of the triggers mostly.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.9
#32kissdadookie(Topic Creator)Posted 2/26/2012 12:57:17 PM
SenorLovecraft posted...
SenorLovecraft posted...

Depends on how you hold the system. My finger tip tends to like hitting it at the corner, the problem isn't noticeable however if I have my finger extended and wrapped around the shoulder buttons.

Yeah, depends on how you hold the system as well as how much pressure you keep on it to keep it engaged. I'm really used to the analogue triggers on the 360 or PS3 thus I need to relearn on the Vita to keep it firmly held down.
#33zeldashoPosted 2/26/2012 1:01:27 PM
I noticed this at first too, though i just hit it near the middle now and it doesnt give me any problems.

Before, i tried to hit the edges and sometimes it would get a bit wonky.
---
GT:OmegaXP PSN:SgtWiggles MGO:Sgt.Jiggles
Now Playing: UMvC3, Disgaea 4, BB Extend, Soul Calibur V, FF13-2, MHFU, Ninja Gaiden Sigma +, Dynasty Warriors Next
#34Veal_CuntletPosted 2/26/2012 1:25:03 PM
kissdadookie posted...
SenorLovecraft posted...
SenorLovecraft posted...

Yeah, depends on how you hold the system as well as how much pressure you keep on it to keep it engaged. I'm really used to the analogue triggers on the 360 or PS3 thus I need to relearn on the Vita to keep it firmly held down.

I think we should swap Vitas. I always hit the triggers with my finger extended and wrapped over the shoulder button (that's how I normally play) and the problem is always noticeable.

Now I have to retrain my finger to hit the corner/middle of the button.
---
Beast to pray. Here come the pain...
#35JOMMY999Posted 2/26/2012 1:26:16 PM

kissdadookie posted...
Is it just me or are the shoulder buttons finicky? When I'm aiming in Uncharted, Drake or stop aiming sometimes due to just the slightest lightening of pressure on the L shoulder button. It's annoying the heck out of me.

get the ' Vita trigger grip' . then you will feel like you use ps3 controller 

http://www.gamestop.com/ps-vita/accessories/ps-vita-trigger-grip/98483

#36kissdadookie(Topic Creator)Posted 2/26/2012 2:04:59 PM
swafter posted...
kissdadookie posted...
SenorLovecraft posted...
SenorLovecraft posted...

I think we should swap Vitas. I always hit the triggers with my finger extended and wrapped over the shoulder button (that's how I normally play) and the problem is always noticeable.

Now I have to retrain my finger to hit the corner/middle of the button.

I have 2 Vitas, they are both the same. Lol.
#37RussiaOnePosted 2/28/2012 7:46:52 PM
Glad I'm not the only one. With me, the right shoulder seems a bit "loose," though I know it's not. Modnation Racers brought it to my attention. BTW, that game has a terrible framerate.
---
Avada Kedavra!
#38PhatBoiJPosted 2/29/2012 1:23:52 AM
For all of you people worried about being the only ones with this problem, I also have this problem, so it seems all vitas are like this. I have seen one vita on display at target that was different (both buttons seemed to be "perfect", but granted it wasn't on so I couldn't test it in a game). Seems to me like everyone with the vita is having this "problem."

However, the trigger grips DO fix the issue WONDERFULLY. You only have one place to press, so you never notice the mushiness of the L trigger or R trigger (depending on which one is weird for you). So yeah, just get the trigger grips, it's definitely worth the purchase.
#39SamusFarronPosted 2/29/2012 1:27:29 AM(edited)
Yeah, the L button is just less sensitive than the R button. Seems to be a Vita wide problem, in other words just something in the design that causes it. At the very least, the vast majority of Vita's have the issue.

I first noticed it during the Unit 13 demo.

I have also noticed that hitting the button dead center seems to make it a bit better. But, we all more than likely have a tendency to hit the edges of the button.....so it may get annoying.
---
http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/4062/lightningrocks.gif