The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

How long does it take to charge from a dead battery?

#1ViolentDjangoPosted 2/24/2012 1:14:38 PM(edited)
I think my battery died, the system won't turn on (but plugged in, the home button is orange, which seems to be the charge color?)

How long does it take the system to charge enough to be turned on from a dead battery?

Normally I wouldn't really care, but this started when the Sony store guy took it in the back to put a screen protector on for me and brought it back saying that it wouldn't turn on (he even confirmed that it turned on when he took it back with him, and that's how he put the protector on...)

I'm hoping it just refuses to turn on until it reaches a certain charge level, it's been plugged in for at least 15-20 minutes now and nothing...

I only bought it 2-3 hours ago, and I only played UMvC3 for like 10 minutes, so I'd be blown away if there was some serious problem already.
---
GT/PSN: ViolentDjango ~
Go. Full. Tilt.
#2kanon114Posted 2/24/2012 7:17:24 PM
It takes about 2 hours, and given the situation with your system you should return it to the store you bought it from as soon as possible, there is definitely something wrong with your system because yesterday I played Ninja Gaiden for 2 hours straight before my system needed its first charging.
#3Ianio82Posted 2/24/2012 7:49:14 PM
Hopefully the Sony store guy didn't take your Vita in the back and swap it out for a broken one... That would be horrible. I have to ask though, why the need to take your Vita into the back of the store to put on a screen protector???
#4SnoopydancePosted 2/24/2012 7:53:31 PM
Did you try holding in the power button for a really long time?
---

#5NinjablazerZeroPosted 2/24/2012 7:55:46 PM
ViolentDjango posted...
I think my battery died, the system won't turn on (but plugged in, the home button is orange, which seems to be the charge color?)

How long does it take the system to charge enough to be turned on from a dead battery?

Normally I wouldn't really care, but this started when the Sony store guy took it in the back to put a screen protector on for me and brought it back saying that it wouldn't turn on (he even confirmed that it turned on when he took it back with him, and that's how he put the protector on...)

I'm hoping it just refuses to turn on until it reaches a certain charge level, it's been plugged in for at least 15-20 minutes now and nothing...

I only bought it 2-3 hours ago, and I only played UMvC3 for like 10 minutes, so I'd be blown away if there was some serious problem already.

Guy at the store probably messed with it and caused it to be like that. I haven't let my battery die, but it seems to take 2 hours to fully charge, and I play for hours before having to recharge.

Another thing to take note of is that it was working before Store guy put on the screen protector, and not to mention he took it to the back of the store just to do it. That's mighty suspicious. Even if he didn't do it intentionally though, something he did must've messed it up. No way simply putting on a screen protector would mess up the thing.
---
I'll transcend more than just the Stars.
President of the Reploid Association for Zero Appreciation Fan Club. Members:3!!!
#6NepheraelPosted 2/24/2012 7:56:45 PM(edited)
To turn on took me 10-15 minutes. To fully charge was maybe an hour and a half

Keep holding the power button for like ten secs. Either it will turn on or the screen will flash a dead batt pic
---
PSN: Nepherael /// I dig RPG's and quite a few other genres Down for MP, Add me if you like.
Current donations: 2 Wii's, 1 360, 1 PSP, 1 orig. DS, 1 DSi XL