Splinter Cell Essentials

#1Arok2092Posted 3/14/2012 8:14:25 AM
I'm a huge Splinter Cell fan but never owned a PSP. Is Essentials its own game or is it a port of Double Agent? Also does it being on the Vita make it any better?

Thanks for any help!
---
Henshin-a-go-go baby!
#2BigCheesySanPosted 3/14/2012 8:16:51 AM
I'm curious to know this, too. And if the right analog can somehow be used to control the camera and aiming. I remember the reviews mainly complaining about that.
---
I ignore trolls. If I don't reply to your trolling comment chances are you're on my Ignore List. Congratulations on making the list.
#3gambit444Posted 3/14/2012 8:19:43 AM
i was/am also curious. i dug this up from metacritic. It looks like its a combination of levels from a few games to get you up to date (2006) with the story. i may be wrong.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/psp/tom-clancys-splinter-cell-essentials
---
Show me a hero and I will write you a tragedy.
-F. Scott Fitzgerald,
#4DrGonzo615Posted 3/14/2012 8:23:06 AM
I had the game on PSP....honestly its not worth the money. Yes its a compilation of previous SC levels, but its very clunky, technically its pretty rough and its just not as good as you are hoping
---
A Ducati and a track to run it on....Heaven
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e27/DrGonzo615/CP__1021.jpg
#5Arok2092(Topic Creator)Posted 3/14/2012 8:25:50 AM
nothin2believein posted...
I had the game on PSP....honestly its not worth the money. Yes its a compilation of previous SC levels, but its very clunky, technically its pretty rough and its just not as good as you are hoping

If its just a compilation I guess I'll probably pass on it. But otherwise you underestimate my love of SC. The only one I don't like is Conviction.
---
Henshin-a-go-go baby!
#6BigCheesySanPosted 3/14/2012 8:27:37 AM
Arok2092 posted...

If its just a compilation I guess I'll probably pass on it. But otherwise you underestimate my love of SC. The only one I don't like is Conviction.

Yea the 1 button kill everything in the room was fun at first and but it really wasn't Splinter Cell anymore. I want the old school Splinter Cell.
---
I ignore trolls. If I don't reply to your trolling comment chances are you're on my Ignore List. Congratulations on making the list.
#7Arok2092(Topic Creator)Posted 3/14/2012 8:36:33 AM
mrvercetti posted...
Arok2092 posted...

Yea the 1 button kill everything in the room was fun at first and but it really wasn't Splinter Cell anymore. I want the old school Splinter Cell.

I have a lot more hate for it then just that but that was a big problem. I want the classic Splinter Cells back too.
---
Henshin-a-go-go baby!
#8joelang12Posted 3/14/2012 9:27:37 AM
if youre a SC fan then get it. compilation or not its still pretty cool. but then i like a lot of games that got bad reviews/ critics say were garbage....
---
If you believe in Jesus and are 100% proud of it put this as your sig
3DS FC. 3480-2713-1662 Add me
#9Arok2092(Topic Creator)Posted 3/14/2012 9:35:18 AM
joelang12 posted...
if youre a SC fan then get it. compilation or not its still pretty cool. but then i like a lot of games that got bad reviews/ critics say were garbage....

You really think its worth it?

I don't care what critics say. Scores don't matter to me. As long as I find a game fun its worth it to me.
---
Henshin-a-go-go baby!
#10DrGonzo615Posted 3/14/2012 9:46:14 AM
Im a huge SC fan as well (Chaos Theory is still one of the best stealth games ever made) but I still think this game isnt worth the money, but thats just my opinion.
---
A Ducati and a track to run it on....Heaven
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e27/DrGonzo615/CP__1021.jpg