*** PlayStation Vita FAQ: How to get NEAR to work (REQUEST STICKY) ***

#11ShadowkhNinja(Topic Creator)Posted 3/21/2012 3:27:09 AM(edited)
leetfire posted...
I know how to get NEAR to work as well! with less work needed too! Just wait for Sony to fix it! GENIUS!

^ Yes let us wait for SONY to fix it...
Just like we are still waiting for bugs that were on the PS3 since launch to still be fixed >_>
---
http://gamefaqspodcast.posterous.com/
^ Check out the GameFAQs Podcast!!!
#12kyujoPosted 3/21/2012 4:49:08 AM
Excellent info!
---
Current Game(s): Arkham City, Asphalt: Injection, StarCraft 2
Must-watch Anime: Dragonball Kai, High School Of the Dead
#13MetalGearOnAcidPosted 3/21/2012 10:50:25 PM
maybe im missing something here but when i got my vita i just clicked on the near app and used my wifi and the whole thing worked fine. it found other users in my area and we exchanged presents. what's "not working" about it..?
#14WriterJasonPosted 3/23/2012 9:35:00 AM
MetalGearOnAcid posted...
maybe im missing something here but when i got my vita i just clicked on the near app and used my wifi and the whole thing worked fine. it found other users in my area and we exchanged presents. what's "not working" about it..?

^this

It even works when I'm out and about, and the Vita is in sleep mode. It auto connects to Wi-Fi spots that allow auto connect without a login. So I dunno, perhaps it's not the Vita at all, but people's terribad PC/Internet/Router setups? Meh, mine works great so I could care less.
---
PSN/XBL/Steam: Kanemura
"Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much." - Oscar Wilde
#15Kuebel33Posted 3/23/2012 10:46:49 AM
I'd like to know what isn't working as well. Mine appears to be fine (other than I don't know how to delete game goods I download on accident for games I don't even have)
---
Wii: 8877 3660 6443 4949 - XboxLive, psn, & Steam: DirtiestQBizzy
3DS: Q : 2449-4627-4540 | playing: Gears3, Skyward Sword
#16nogaemsPosted 3/25/2012 4:58:18 PM
bump
---
|ŻŻ \|ŻŻ|----/__ ŻŻ__\-----------
|__\___|-oise-/__\-ank-9000
#17WriterJasonPosted 3/26/2012 5:28:13 AM
nogaems posted...
bump

Um, it's stickied (even though I don't feel it should be). You don't have to bump it...it already stays up top. Just sayin.
---
PSN/XBL/Steam: Kanemura
"Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much." - Oscar Wilde
#18sldfghtrikePosted 3/31/2012 7:21:04 AM
I was just listening to the Official Playstation Podcast episode 18 and they mentioned this workaround at around 57:10. I wonder if the TC submitted this as a tip. If not, someone reaped the benefits.
---
PSN: SldFghtrIke
Favorite Series: Metal Gear, Kingdom Hearts, Ace Combat, Uncharted, Spyro, Crash, inFamous, Resident Evil, Dead Space
#19ShadowkhNinja(Topic Creator)Posted 4/4/2012 2:28:34 AM
sldfghtrike posted...
I was just listening to the Official Playstation Podcast episode 18 and they mentioned this workaround at around 57:10. I wonder if the TC submitted this as a tip. If not, someone reaped the benefits.

^ I actually knew about this "tip" for like 1 month before I posted it here.
and Sony Tweeted this solution a few days after I created this topic.

I guess they stole my idea lol.
---
http://gamefaqspodcast.posterous.com/
^ Check out the GameFAQs Podcast!!! We are on iTunes Store too. So search for us and subscribe!
#20kyujoPosted 4/4/2012 4:08:45 PM
Hmm, so I never got around to actually doing this, but after downloading the latest update today Near seems to have found my correct location.
---
Current Game(s): Arkham City, Asphalt: Injection, StarCraft 2
Must-watch Anime: Dragonball Kai, High School Of the Dead