Looking for an action-rpg for PSP or Vita

#1Saph777Posted 4/3/2012 7:50:26 PM
Hey guys, I'm looking for some good action-rpgs for preferably the Vita but PSP is fine if its easily available and not too expensive.

I'm looking for something with decent RPG elements but also fun combat with some action rather than turn or strategy based.

Any suggestions?

Thanks guys!
#2NepheraelPosted 4/3/2012 7:52:38 PM
Dungeon hunter on vita is a dungeon crawler but I wouldn't recommend it as a first choice

Now psp on the other for action rpg's you want Ys.

Ys seven generally people like the gameplay
Ys oath in felghana generally people like the story more.

They both ave great gameplay and a great story though
---
PSN: Nepherael /// http://tinyurl.com/72s9lwv
Trying to have a positive effect on the world around you earned that. Isn't that better than creating conflict?
#3Saph777(Topic Creator)Posted 4/3/2012 7:55:05 PM
Yeah I looked at dungeon hunter and it kind of looked rather mediocre to be honest.

What are those games like in terms of gameplay? (I really haven't been up to date with anything PSP until I decided to go for the Vita which I am so far loving)
#4zandm7Posted 4/3/2012 7:58:20 PM
MONSTER HUNTER FREEDOM UNITE!

Best MH yet. Play it while you wait for a Vita MH.

^_^
---
This is a signature. Why is it here? I dunno. Why are you reading it? Now that's a good question...
PSN: zandm7
#5tcalla2349Posted 4/3/2012 8:00:08 PM
I second Ys 7. I'm about to beat it and I can't wait to get started on Ys Oath. Great leveling system and shops are constantly being upgraded with new weapons and armor. The three character mechanic is pretty cool too. The combat is a little button mashy, but has yet to become dull. Don't wait, pick up the Ys games!
#6NepheraelPosted 4/3/2012 8:08:17 PM(edited)
Saph777 posted...
Yeah I looked at dungeon hunter and it kind of looked rather mediocre to be honest.

What are those games like in terms of gameplay? (I really haven't been up to date with anything PSP until I decided to go for the Vita which I am so far loving)

I can only comment on Ys seven as I've only seen footage of oath but it's a lot of fun. Fast action, skill usage, resource management (skill points). Definitely some great gameplay. I'd look up footage of both though because they look very different to me gameplay wise. Not in a bad way they just seem significantly different

Also monster hunter is good too like Z said. It's not got much story to it but it's a mission based rpg ish action game that is a lot of fun and you can sink a lot of time into it. It isn't for everyone though so I recommend checking some footage of it
---
PSN: Nepherael /// http://tinyurl.com/72s9lwv
Trying to have a positive effect on the world around you earned that. Isn't that better than creating conflict?